Job Opportunity at THPS – LIS Global Super User and Networking Assistant
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) has been awarded by the US Centres for Diseases Prevention and Control (CDC) funds to implement the Project ‘Strengthening the Quality, Accessibility, and Sustainability of the National Health Laboratory Services (NHLS) in United Republic of Tanzania under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The goal of the project is empowering the National Health Laboratory System (NHLS) in the country to achieve and monitor progress towards the UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals. THPS will support national lab systems strengthening through this five-year award in the following key areas:
Implementation of continuous quality improvement (CQI) on HIV rapid testing to increase access and improve the quality of HIV rapid testing at all levels.
Increase access to HIV early infant diagnosis (EID) and TB testing at all levels.
Increase availability and use of laboratory data to inform improved patient management, healthcare provision, programs and policy decision making.
Implementation and provision of technical assistance (TA) on establishing a Laboratory Information System (LIS) and using laboratory generated data in all laboratories.
THPS is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in the following positions:
Position title: LIS Global Super User and Networking Assistant – 1 Position
Reports to: LIS Database Administrator and Networking Program Officer
Location: THPS Head Office, Dar Es Salaam (with frequent field travel)
Overall Job Description
- S/He will assist LIS Database Administrator to implement LIS in the laboratory network and develop and implement supporting structures for LIS. S/He will provide support to LIS supper users in the testing laboratories network including supporting training and mentorship. Provide onsite and remote support to laboratory networking for uninterrupted data transmission to the OpenLDR. Assist the LIS Database Administrator to monitor LIS reported occurrences and promote use of LIS Helpdesk and track response times
- Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports, and queries.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts. o Applying third party upgrades to existing databases. o Coordinate and work with other technical staff to develop relational databases and secondary databases (i.e. Access).
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions. Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues. o Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems. o Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Development and maintenance of the database stored procedures, views and functions for hosted web applications. o Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements. Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation. Development and maintenance of Data Warehouse.
- Implementation of data dashboards to display data in differing formats.
Requirements: Education, Experience and skills
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, such as programming, engineering or similar.
- Experience working with IT systems or in network administration is added advantage.
- Computer literacy, with comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages (Word, Excel & power point, and Access).
- Knowledge in various statistical data packages including Epi info, Stata, etc
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team
- Analytical Skills and attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to (email@example.com) by November 22 2019 with a subject line for example: LIS Global Super User and Networking Assistant Officer. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.