The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading provider of high-quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focuses on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
The Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania and are connected via an integrated health systems that supports a strong continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine.
We are seeking for enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following positions
POSITION: HEAD OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AKHST & AKHS EAST AFRICA (1 POSITION)
The Head of Business Development AKHST & AKHS EA is responsible for leading Strategic and Operational Marketing, building local and international Partnerships, developing beneficial Customer Relationships aimed at strengthening the existing market gains and expanding new opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years’ experience in analyzing new business opportunities
- A minimum of five (5) years direct experience in health marketing/business development in senior leadership role
- Developing and evaluating strategies: Identifying and framing issues, developing hypotheses, conducting market intelligence and analyses to test key hypotheses, developing execution plans
- Communicating with external review organizations or comparable entities, healthcare business development or marketing experience and working effectively with people of diverse backgrounds required
- Strong conceptual problem solving skill and analytical skills
- Superior communication skills and IT fluency
- Excellent negotiation and leadership skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Knowledge of key internal and external healthcare environments.
- Proven ability to develop and implement a comprehensive business development plan.
- Ability to demonstrate superior customer service skills to external and internal customers.
- Skilled in organizing and prioritizing workloads
POSITION: SENIOR MANAGER MWANZA MEDICAL CENTER AND CLUSTER OPERATIONS (1 POSITION)
The Senior Manager assumes leadership and accountability of the overall strategic and operational planning and management of the Mwanza Cluster – Medical center and OHCs. These mandates will be carried out within the overall strategic direction of Aga Khan Health Services, East Africa (AKHS-EA), under the guidance of the Department of Health (Geneva) of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) and the Board of Directors of AKHS.T and in accordance with the AKDN’s East Africa Integrated Health Strategy framework.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters Degree in Health Care or Hospital Administration or in Business Administration OR any field of Allied Health
- A degree in any clinical discipline will be an added advantage
- 5 to 7 years of executive-level experience in Health Care Administration in a Hospital or International Health Organization environment.
- Extensive knowledge of current health care administration, principles and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of management principles, practices and procedures including accounting & finance, purchasing, people management, facilities, human resource and related supporting services within Hospital areas.
- Ability to analyze operational data and employ approved management techniques to obtain maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to interpret established policies into operating procedures to facilitate implementation of hospital programs.
- Special interest in and knowledge of the areas of maternal, neonatal and child health, and district health systems and population health would be an advantage.
- Excellent people management, interpersonal, leadership and delegation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management, presentation and organizational skills.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected]
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO:
HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT,
P. O. BOX 2289,
DAR ES SALAAM.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 22ND OCTOBER, 2019.