MSOAPO is implementing as a Sub grantee to SWISSAID in a project “Women empowerment through vegetables production and marketing in Mtwara rural district” a project funded by SWISSAID-TANZANIA which subject to availability of funds from SWISSAID, the project operates in phases and then renewable contracts. As part of the project implementation, MSOAPO is calling for Job applicants to fill in the following vacant positions:
Agricultural Field Officer (1 Post Based in Mtwara)
MSOAPO is seeking to recruit a dynamic and strategic individual to fill the position of Agricultural Field Officer. The incumbent will oversee the overall management and performance of MSOAPO as a sub-grantee to SWISSAID and will be accountable to Executive Director. The applicant must be outstanding integrity, with a track record of successfully implementing organization strategies.
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with MSOAPO program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Identify progressive farmers within communities, support them to set-up Farmer Field Schools, procure agricultural inputs, arrange training and provide technical support to farmers as they establish their kitchen gardens and local food preservation systems.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Collect information on capacity needs and technical assistance needs of smallholder farmers and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or other related fields (masters is preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in project support for an NGO would be a plus.
- Knowledge and experience leading agro-ecology relevant activities is an added advantage.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience in participatory action planning and participatory methods for helping smallholder farmers improve their production and productivity (farmer field schools, farmer research groups) desired.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Agricultural Shopkeeper (1 Post Based in Mtwara)
The ideal candidate must be a creative and organized self-starter with a positive attitude to enjoy interacting with the public. Retail and customer service experience are a must. Our Shop Keeper should also have an understanding and appreciation for printmaking methods and media, with hands-on experience preferred.
- Ringing up and recording sales and processing payments
- Entering sales receipts in QuickBooks
- Receiving, tagging, and putting out new items for sale
- He will provide technical expertise to the customers with regard to the usage, grading, packing and marketing of vegetables produce.
- Planning and delivering daily, weekly and monthly sales targets
- Coordinating collection of sales proceeds within the approved terms of shop.
- Coordinating and collating market activities and other market trends
- Ensuring delivery of superior customer service
- Must have at least a Certificate, diploma or degree in Agricultural economics and agribusiness or Agriculture related fields, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics and or related qualification.
- 2 years comparable experience in a similar position
Candidates must display the following Key competencies and attributes:
- Must have Computer skills and knowledge at least word and excel.
- High integrity and honesty
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Self-driven and results oriented
- Good inter-personality and understanding
Note: He or She should not exceed 45 year of age
MSOAPO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested participants please send your CV not more than three pages and a cover letter clearly stipulating how you qualify for these positions to us via [email protected] or submit hardcopies direct to the MSOAPO head office located at Block No: 69, Kiyangu Area, Opposite TTC Gate No. 2, Mtwara Municipality through below address before close of the business Friday 18th January 2019 15:30 hrs; Please mention the title of the position in your email subject and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter, Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to:
Mtwara Society Against Poverty (MSOAPO)
P. O. Box 423