The Management of Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) invites suitable qualified Tanzanians, who are able to work in a dynamic academic environment to apply for the positions below
Department Of Soil And Geological Sciences
Position: 2 Laboratory Technician
QUALIFICATIONS: Ordinary Diploma in Laboratory Technology or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution
DUTIES & RESPOSIBILITIES:
- Conduct laboratory analyses for soil, water, plant, fertilizer, manure and microbial analyses
- Conduct water/ segments/ air sampling and laboratory sample preparations and preservations / standard preservation. Quality assurance and quality control of the laboratory.
- Ensure adherence to all Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures and rules/regulations
- Monitoring inventories of laboratory chemicals and other consumables
- Ensure safe work practices.
- Inspect Chemicals/ stock solutions, laboratory materials in use on a daily basis. Maintain monitoring schedules, and ensure proper and updated laboratory document control and record keeping, including laboratory log sheets.
- Ensure proper management and use of laboratory equipment and tools,and report any defects to the Laboratory Supervisor
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
- Skills, Knowledge and attributes Requirements:
- Detailed knowledge of laboratory practices, tools / equipment
- Safety conscious.
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Excel and other Ms Office programs.
- Effective communication skills in written and spoken English. Report writing Excellent planning, organization skills, with ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Self-discipline to achieve tasks on time with minimal supervision.
AGE: Not above 35 years
TERMS: Two Years Contract
SALARY: As per Government circulars
- Applicants should apply based on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education and Diploma should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for
- Technical Education (NACTE) and/or the Tanzania Commission for
- Universities (TCU); Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are advised to indicate; Only short listed candidates will be contacted through their addresses/ e-mail and/ or telephone and be informed on a date for interview
Job application procedure
The application letters (in Swahili or English) should indicate names and addresses of three referees with their reliable contacts, together with certified copies of Academic Certificates/all credentials i.e. Form IV, Form VI, Birth Certificate, Curriculum Vitae and testimonials.
All applications should be addressed to the
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration and Finance),
P.O. Box 3000,
CHUO KIKUU, MOROGORO
Two weeks (14 days count from 28/01/2019) from the date of this advertisement. Deadline 11/02/2019