TPB Bank PLC is a Bank that provides competitive financial services to our customers and creates value for our stakeholders through innovative products. TPB Bank PLC is a Bank, whose vision is “to be the leading bank in Tanzania in the provision of affordable, accessible and convenient financial services”. As part of effective organizational development and management
of its human capital in an effective way, TPB BANK PLC commits itself towards attaining, retaining and developing the highly capable and qualified workforce for TPB BANK PLC betterment and the Nation at large.
DATA BASE ADMINISTRATOR – (2 POSITIONS)
- Responsible for the database security management of the bank by taking measures to ensure sage, stable and highly reliable information systems and protect them against any possible threats.
- Responsible in conducting security risk analysis to determine measures to take to minimize damage to the bank’s system at the lowest cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- To monitor and maintain security of databases and database software on corporate, application, database, role, program and when applicable, table, view and column levels in co-operation with security experts and systems programmers.
- To maintain availability and integrity of databases, including referential integrity checking and multiple access schemes (Locking).
- To extract systems reports or create and circulate customized reports to helpdesk and to other end users
- To facilitate sharing of common data by overseeing proper key management and data dictionary maintenance.
- To initiate, procure and maintain database software, related documents and tools.
- To liaise with the data base software vendor and, when applicable, database content vendor
- To grant and revoke highest-level access rights and monitor the use of these rights
- To maintain database software licenses, when applicable and database content licenses.
- To maintain development, test and production database environments
- To start and stop databases
- To monitor databases and optimize database performance and use of resources, including selection of optimal physical implementations of databases.
- To install database software, if necessary, with systems programmers and network managers
- To monitor and manage database backups, data replication and, when needed, restorations, big loads to databases and porting databases or parts of databases.
- To help application programmers to install and tune their database related programs, when possible, also giving guidance in effective use of database features
- To oversee the maintenance of the database content with persons responsible for the application.
- To create and edit databases and public database following change request procedures.
- To plan for processing capacity, storage capacity and back-up capacity of the database.
- To plan for database security and integrity with security experts, systems programmers and network managers.
- To review and develop data models and database designs with development teams
- Support banking system nightly processing
- To do any other jobs as may be assigned from time to time.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems with experience of at least Two years in database administration, design and programming inboth 3rd generation language and 4th generation language.
- Certified Oracle database administration
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems is essential especially SQL and Sybase will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of programming language such as Java, ASP, Visual Basic and HTTP
- Knowledge of Banking and accounting systems will be added advantage
- Knowledge of Operating System such as UNIX and LINUX
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which include benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their resume (indicating the position title
applied and location in the subject heading of application letter and in
email ) via e-mail to: email@example.com
TPB Bank PLC, has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety
management. Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may
be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency
assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.
DEADLINE OF THE APPLICATIONS IS 8TH OCTOBER, 2019