Job Opportunity at Cellulant Tanzania, Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Cellulant is a mobile commerce company operating a payments ecosystem connecting financial sector customers, Mobile Network Operators and businesses to their increasingly mobile consumers. They deliver the most connected payment platform for Africa.
Operating in 10 African countries and with service presence in an additional 25 markets, they interconnect people and businesses delivering innovative and transformative payment and transfer services for Africa’s finance, retail, agriculture, health, education, water, and entertainment industries.
About the Role
Cellulant is seeking a Business Development Manager to help set up the country office by selling their mobile banking and payment solutions to banks, mobile network operators, mobile money companies and billers such as utility companies, Insurance, school Municipals among others. The focus within the first 12-18 months will be on selling to billers/merchants.Source: AjiraLeo Tanzania
The successful candidate will be measured on maintaining a rich pipeline of opportunities, following through on them with daily customer meetings, ensuring consistent movement on the sales pipeline each month and closing these sales in a timely manner.
Scope of work:
The core competencies required for the role are:
- Office Set up – This will entail ensuring the new office is fully operational and compliant.
- Business Development – Successfully engaging with customers, articulating our value proposition and diligently and correctly following through on the sales process with a sense of urgency. Subsequently closing sales on time and with the desired commercials and product Construct
- Solutioning – Understanding the needs of our potential bank customers and mobile operators and recommending a suitable Cellulant solution.
- Sector depth – Intimate understanding of several merchant sectors including the payment challenges in the sector and the competing products.
Does this sound like you?
- 3-7 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years in direct sales
- Fluency in English; verbal and written communication
- Salespeople who have sold solutions to banks, mobile network operators, mobile money companies or billers such as utility companies have a strong advantage
- A compelling storyteller who’s able to create a good rapport with clients
- Previous experience selling technology solutions is a strong advantage
- Self-motivated, highly ambitious and goals-oriented
- Very detail oriented and highly organised.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and a high level of integrity
- Exemplary negotiation, persuasion and networking skills
- Love working with a diverse and multicultural team
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ideally should be able to start within a month of being given the offer.