Job Opportunity at Chemonics – Bookkeeper
Chemonics seeks a Bookkeeper for the USAID Tanzania Lishe Mtambuka Activity, also known as the Regional Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity. The five-year project aims to strengthen health and food market systems that promote the adoption of optimal nutrition-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Assisting the project accountant in all aspects of project accounting and financial management.
- Completing data entry for accounting transactions, including reviewing payments for appropriate documentation and approvals and ensuring the maintenance of proper accounting files.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations. Calculating and paying required payroll taxes and social insurance to the proper authorities.
- Ensuring that all required documentation for VAT refunds is received by vendors prior to payment of invoices.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, auditing, business administration, or related field.
- Minimum two years of experience in a bookkeeping/accounting role.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, theories, practices, and terminology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and the ability to use various
commercially available accounting software programs.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and application through this link. Select “Bookkeeper” on the form and follow the instructions at the bottom of the position description. Applications must be submitted by Friday, September 15th, 2023, however, please submit your application as soon as possible, as candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please.
Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.