Job Description Summary
Sales Manager for Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti selling North and South America; Transient and Group business.
Can be based on US East Coast or Chicago and option to work from home or in NY / Chicago Sales Office.
Will report to the Director of Sales and Marketing in Tanzania.
In this position, the primary duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to overseeing both Group and Leisure markets for the Lodge primarily in the Americas.
Travel will be required as necessary for the successful completion of the Sales Managers assignment.
The Sales department is responsible for selling the hotel and providing a relationship-oriented atmosphere for the client, who would book a group or individual reservations into the Lodge. Typically, a sales manager will have their own account base or they may be a partner in a job share setting. The primary function is to book business from their prospecting and solicitation efforts and respond to inquiries.
Development of account relationships across the wide network of DMC’s within the local market is a key component as is a strong market awareness.
- Make telephone and personal sales calls on accounts in assigned market areas.
- Develop an excellent working relationship with the Four Seasons Hotel World Wide Sales Office
- Demonstrates standards awareness, by setting example for standards execution, standards testing and implementing action plans to achieve established product and service goals
- Prepares annual account plans and forecasts, consistently monitors and manages budgetary goals and personal targets.
- Displays warmth, care and genuine enthusiasm when dealing with guests and internal customers; lives the Golden Rule.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times and to conduct personal behavior in a mature professional business manner when representing the resort or company.
- Compile and maintain up to date Delphi records.
- Participate in familiarization and site inspection visits as required; please note this may require time away from home over weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Travel and solicit business designated by the marketing plan and the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Conduct at least 2 daily face to face sales calls within assigned area.
- Solicit from client base repeat bookings or referrals to other Four Seasons Hotels.
- Ensure updates of the permanent files for all groups with strong room night potential.
- Maintain an effective plan of correspondence.
- Conduct tours of property with meeting planners when the scale of the business demands presence on property.
- Negotiate with clients and achieve maximum revenue/profit potential while satisfying client needs.
- Evaluate, solicit, sell and confirm business as required to meet individual goals and overall budgeted sales and profitability.
- Develop data and recommend programs to meets clients needs as well as recommend alternate proposals.
- Provide input on the local segment of the marketing plan and budget.
- Report on a monthly basis against plan/goal.
- Always keep Director of Marketing /Sales promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Coordinate effectively with other Department Heads to ensure quality of guest/group satisfaction.
- Follow-up on progress of all confirmed business.
- Assist in planning, developing and executing projects for assigned market areas to increase sales activity, volume and profit.
- The ability to maintain assigned files in accordance to guidelines outlined in account coverage programs.
- Ensure a complete working knowledge of the local competition.
- Consistently promote the hotel services.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by Lodge management and staff.
REPORTING TO: Director of Sales & Marketing
Education: Diploma in Hotel Management or Marketing studies is preferable but not mandatory.
Experience: 3 years’ experience in direct sales with a luxury hotel operator or other travel operated