JOB TITLE: Project Sheq officer
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam.
To ensure that NETIS’s Quality, Safety, Health, Social, Security, Cultural,
Environmental and Risk Management systems are defined, implemented,
maintained and adhered to according to best practice standards at all levels of the
organisation within Tanzania.
KEY PEFORMANCE AREAS
- Document and communicate all SHERQ manuals and policies in line with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, OHSAS18001:2007 and ISO14001:2015 and Tanzania Standards
- Supporting the business in the developing, defining, updating and improving of business processes and procedures
- Ensure Compliance auditing completed and certified internally and externally to ensure compliance to ISO 9001:2015, OHSAS18001:2007 and ISO14001:2015 and Tanzania Standards.
- The identification of non-conformance and possible non-conformances, managing the corrective and preventive action through to successful implementation and closeout.
- To collate and analyse all risk statistics and recommend intervention strategies.
- To identify and implement security measures and to manage the potential threats towards staff and business operations and plan to effectively prevent and handle security incidents.
- To meet or exceed Customer’s expectations and ultimately to reduce and improve the impacts of its operations, activities and services.
- To ensure skills transfer and employee training in SHERQ aspects through the continuous mentoring, coaching and induction training for all current and new employees, including the Department heads.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- HND in HVAC Engineering.
- Minimum of Three years working experience as SHEQ
- Driver License is an added advantage
- Evidence of promoting a positive Health & Safety and Quality culture and improved Health & Safety and Quality performance.
- Evidence outlining experience in developing effective solutions to resolve complex health & safety issues.
- Evidence of developing and maintaining procedures and systems for investigating, reporting and analyzing, risks, accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences and other safety matters and giving advice on preventative and remedial actions where appropriate to eliminate/minimize safety hazards.
- Experience or clear knowledge and understanding of undertaking health and safety audits, inspections or reviews.
- Experience of delivery health and safety training courses including Induction
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of health & safety
- Legislation, regulations and codes of practice pertaining to housing and construction.
- Understanding of and ability to undertake and apply risk assessments.
- IT Literate with thorough understanding of IT and how effective IT systems can support the efficiency of organization
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A confident and effective problem solver and decision maker.
- Able to work under pressure and deliver results to tight deadlines.
- Influencing and persuading skills.
- Training development and delivery skills.
- Computer literate (Microsoft office).
- Team Player
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Safety awareness
Interested candidates should send their CV (pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org
not later than Monday 2 nd September 2019 at 16.00 pm.
The Subject line should address the Title of the position failure of which the application will be rendered unqualified.