National Investments PLC (NICOL) is a listed company in the Dar e Salaam Stock Exchange which mobilizes resources from the public and investing in viable economic ventures principally through share acquisition in the equity market and using the most cost-effective management system.
POSITION: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
The holder of the position reports to the Board of Directors. He/She is responsible for providing dynamic leadership, direction, vision and ensuring a high level of performance and profitability of the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Chief Executive Officer shall be responsible for the overall management and operations of the company, including:
- Determining and formulating policies and determining the overall direction of the company within the guidelines set up by the Board.
- Planning, directing or coordinating operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of subordinate executives.
- Analyzing operations to evaluate performance of the company and its staff in meeting the objectives, and identify areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement or policy change.
- Directing and coordinating the company’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments and increase efficiency.
- Reviewing the company’s annual accounts and other statutory reports and submit to the Board for approval.
- Directing, planning and implementing policies, objectives and activities of the company to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investment and to increase productivity.
- Preparing budgets for approval, including those for funding and implementation of programs.
- Reviews reports submitted by staff members to recommend approval or suggest changes.
- Preparing the company’s operational, financial and other periodic reports, corporate plans and other reporting requirements and submit to the Board for information and/or approval, as the case may be.
- Directing human resources activities, including approval of human resources plans and activities.
- Providing business leadership and human resources capacity development that ensures a motivating work environment and high morale to staff.
- Managing, enhancing and maintaining working and amicable relationship between the company and the regulatory authorities as well as other stakeholders.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least a Master’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Business Administration; Professional Certification in investment advisory, or related discipline from a recognized institution.
Must have at least thirteen (13) years working experience in relevant field; five (9) years in managerial position, and four (4) years in capital markets related field.
KEY COMPITENCIES/SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Expected candidate must have:
High probity and integrity – the job requires being honest and ethical.
Visionary and proactive – the job requires a strategic business planner with the ability to lead and take charge, intelligent risk taker having willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges, as well as good communication skills.
Stress tolerance – job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situation.
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
The Chief Executive Officer shall be appointed on three-year renewable contracts, subject to satisfactory performance.
The post offers attractive emoluments
Below 60 years as at the date of appointment
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application letter should be accompanied with
(i) Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contact details including mobile phone numbers, e-mail, postal address;
(ii)Copies of relevant Certificates and testimonials;
(iii) Names of three (3) reputable referees showing their physical work address and contacts
All application should be marked “NICOL – CEO” on top right-hand corner of an envelope and submitted by courier (e.g. EMS, CUM, DHL; etc.) to the following address:
Chief Executive Officer
National Investments Plc.
11 Serengeti Road
P.O. Box 7465
Dar es Salaam
DEADLINE FOR THE APPLICATIONS
The deadline for submission of application is on 26th November 2019.