The incumbent is responsible for administrative operations of the office including day to day logistic arrangement, office management, and all procurement management for both program and non-program items. This position will report to the Director Program Operations, supervise senior Office associate with dotted line support to the field based administration associate/s.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Day to day Management of Office Administration
- Manage Room to Read’s legal compliance, navigating procedures for expansion and complying with all governmental standards, requirements, and regulations
- Oversee all administrative and operational matters (including staff welfare, office upkeep etc.)in compliance with Regional and Global Office policies
- Handling all insurance matters related to the country office
- Maintain third party contracts, agreements, policies, etc.
- Ensure full functionality of Room to Read office functions at all times (e.g. electricity, utilities, internet, plumbing, pest control, insurance, office set-up)
- Organize all program related travel and/or transportation needs
- Organize all visitor related travel and/or transportation needs including visa, hotel booking etc.
- Ensure appropriate level of compliance by all staff for adopting and following administrative policies and procedures. In order to do so, educate and provide ample information and time to time update and follow up with each staff members and to make them to fully understand the operational policies and processes. And also guide them through these policies and procedures as and when required. Also carry out all the necessary responsibilities and requirement as spelled out in these policies.
- Guide and coach the administrative staff (associates) in maintaining office equipment and management of the vehicle movement and also all the administrative issues and supports.
- Communicate with Regional Office(RO) and Global Office (GO) office directly or through line manager related to the administrative and operation policies and requirement and report them as and when needed,
- Participate in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization
- Explore opportunities for partnerships and knowledge sharing with NGOs, experts and institutions involved in teacher training and literacy initiatives
- Field visits to ensure compliance and review administration activities.
- Ensuring compliance of Occupational Health and Safety checks, visits and certificates are conducted as per the OSHA regulations.
- Procurement Management
- Prepare annual procurement plan for all procurement related (program and non-program) as per approved budget with consultation with the program team linking with the program implementation calendar.
- Implement all procurement activities well in advance as per approved budget and annual procurement plan.
- Oversee the procurement process and ensure that the procurement is completed in time and in a very cost effective manner for goods and services,
- Arrange and follow Room to Read procurement policy and procurement guidelines/manual and procurement norms for all type of procurement (goods and services)
- Work with program team in obtaining purchase requisitions with detailed specification in order to start the procurement process well in advance,
- Work with procurement committee for all purchase above $5000 as per the organization policy.
- Coordinate and work closely with program team to process procurement in timely manner.
- Do a market survey regularly in order to assess the market trends and to know average costs of material/items needed by Room to Read, availability of types of goods/materials and services and share the same to the management.
- Maintain market price/rate of all goods/materials that generally Room to Read purchases and help the program team to prepare the estimation before the purchase process is started.Obtain and maintain, the general practice of procurement process in other similar organization and local government.
- Ensure Room to Read procurement norms are accordance with the local statutory requirement. Any difference should be brought to the attention of the management.
- Maintain vendors/suppliers list with their contract address according to the type of business and trade and update it regularly.
- Update the Country Director, Regional office, Program Operation Director and the program team on the status of the procurement process in a regular basis.
- Maintain procurement file in an appropriate fashion and order including – requisition, quotes/bids, comparison, evaluation, approval, contract/purchase order, delivery note etc. for each purchase.
- Oversee the overall management of the warehouse.
- Ensure that the warehouse is being managed as per the standard guidelines, the goods are being kept in the proper manner and recorded in the warehouse inventory.
- Ensure that the inventory is up to date all the time – a proper check in and check out system is placed and maintained all time.
- Supervise and oversee the work of the warehouse staff.
- Ensure the goods are packed and dispatched to the final destination as per the schedule and requirement of the program team.
- Make sure that the goods are safe and secured against damaged and insured.
- Any other responsibility assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement & Supply, Administration or any other relevant discipline.
- Professional qualification obtained from a recognized institution such as Tanzania Institute of Supply & Materials Management.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in successful completion of a large range of procurement activities including managing public bidding.
- Strong analytical & negotiation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and local languages.
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Knowledge of government regulations in relation to procurement
- Ability to travel frequently to districts throughout the country
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Experience in administrative initiatives
- Ability to work in pressure
- Ability to manage direct reports
- Strong Computer skills in MS package specially in excel
Tanzania – Main – Dar Es Salaam
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled