AGA KHAN HEALTH SERVICE, TANZANIA (EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR A HUMAN RESOURCE PROFESSIONAL) WHO WANTS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, is a leading provider of health care services in Tanzania. The Aga Khan Hospital is undergoing a major expansion that will see it develop as a 170 bed leading tertiary care and teaching hospital. The Hospital which is accredited by the Joint
Commission International, is also the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. As part of the integrated health systems approach, AKHST plans to establish 35 outreach health facilities that are located across Tanzania. Currently, 20 such clinics are in existence.
Qualified candidates interested in being part of this exciting and public oriented institution are being sought for the position of Head of Human Resources, Tanzania to be based in Dar es Salaam reporting to the CEO.
Overall Responsibility: –
- The Head of Human Resource (HHR) will lead the human resource function of the AKHST. In this capacity, he/she will provide leadership and strategic direction on Human Resources issues. and help develop and/or review Human Resource policies for the Institution in-liaison with sister Agencies and Global Head of HR – AKHS, based in Geneva
- Contribute to the overall AKHST business strategy by advising the senior leadership team on the human resource matters and implications of strategic decisions. Lead the development and implementation of a Human Resources strategy for AKHS Tanzania
- Managing through a team of other HR professionals s/he will be required to deliver top quality HR services including workforce planning, recruitment, performance development, succession planning, talent development, compensation and benefits design, analysis, monitoring and administration, payroll, HR reporting analytics for the country and as per global requirements. Develop and implement a comprehensive training and development plan for the on boarding of employees and also for the upcoming expansion plans.
- Handle legal cases related to Human Resource and work closely with internal and external legal teams to bring in amicable resolutions.
- Deal effectively with labor and union matters including negotiations on collective agreements to ensure industrial harmony.
- Lead the process for reviews on staff compensation and benefits including preparation of approvals from the Regional Compensation Committee. Regularly conduct benchmarking exercises and Chair the Job Evaluation Committee
- Lead and advise senior leadership and line managers on Human Resource Budgeting, and Planning exercise. – Ensure effective implementation of existing HR polices across AKHST including a rigorous Staff Qualification & Education (SQE) plan.
- Work with local and international recruiting agencies for the recruitment of skilled health care professionals (Physicians, Nurses, Allied Health and Administrative staff).
- Responsible for managing HR records and personnel data as per the local labor laws and best practices.
- Maintain People Soft Human Resource Systems. Make sure strong controls are in place to safeguard staff data.
- Masters degree in Human Resources Management. with a Bachelors in science, health care, legal or other relevant field.
- Knowledge of the regulatory and legal framework in Tanzania
- 10 years of experience in Human Resources/legal with a minimum of three years as a HR Head in large corporate firms Experience working in a healthcare environment (local/international) will be an added advantage.
- Current and valid membership of the Human Resource Management Society of Tanzania
- Excellent problem solving and excellent writing and verbal command over English and Swahili.
- Strong command over MS office (MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Word) with strong analytical skills and an attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills, values driven and empathetic to the mission of AKHS Tanzania
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their CVs, Cover Letters and other relevant documents to the office of the Chief Operating Officer ([email protected]), P.O Box 2289, Dar es Salaam.
Applications can also be submitted at the above address
Application Deadline: 27th April 2018.
Source: Daily News April 10, 2018