U.S. MISSION DAR ES SALAAM VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS
The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the positions below.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant – CDC
Vacancy Number: DaresSalaam-2019-044
- Serves as the CDC Front Office receptionist for visitors.Receives visitors and directs them to appropriate offices within CDC.
- Maintains office switchboard and answers 100% of incoming CDC telephone calls. Handles routine inquiries and refers in-coming calls to appropriate CDC staff.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date phone directory for CDC staff US Embassy.
Motor Pool Coordination 30%
- Coordinates and logs all vehicle requests for CDC staff, TDY staff and consultants with motor pool staff at US Embassy.
- Arranges alternate transport as necessary when US Embassy motor pool is not available or is not in USG best interest.
- Communicates with staff on all vehicle arrangements, and monitoring successful implementation of vehicle requests.
- Enforces USG vehicle use policy at all times.
- Secures appropriate waivers for transport in USG vehicles when necessary.
Safety and Security Coordinator 20%
- Ensures access, safety, and security procedures are followed at all times.
- Monitors security cameras for entering and exiting people/cars.
- Reports security violations and suspicious activity.
- Enforces escort policy for staff and visitors.
- Coordinates scheduling of security and safety drills for CDC office.
General Administrative Support Duties 20%
- Provides secretarial support to administrative team as needed. Drafts and types telegrams, memos, letters and other official CDC correspondence.
- Opens incoming CDC mail; registers, dates and sends the mail to the appropriate administrative office for action.
- Develops and maintains the calendar for reservations of CDC conference rooms. Issues keys to conference rooms and maintains the CDC library.
- Maintains minutes of official CDC-wide administrative meetings as needed.
- Performs back-up duties for other support staff when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year of administrative or secretarial experience in the US Government or an international organization is required.
- Completion of Secondary school and at least one year of advanced studies in administration, secretarial school, data entry, or related field is required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) in English and Kiswahili (speaking, reading and writing) is required. (this may be tested)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
AEFM / USEFM
FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required is available at https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants MUST follow instructions in the notice on the website:
Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted only via email.
CLOSING DATE: November 19, 2019