Head of Revenue Assurance
- The key purpose of the Head of Revenue Assurance is to ensure completeness and accuracy of the company revenue streams across CBU, EBU and M-Pesa Units.
- In addition to checking on the integrity of systems in place, the position requires an inclination towards continuous improvements in revenue chain, proactive design and implementation of preventive controls and detecting anomalies.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Lead and manage revenue assurance team, setting roadmaps and deliverables, individual KPIs, Project-managing tasks assigned from local ExCo and Group RA
- Regularly review and ensure that published tariffs/business rules are implemented accurately on Vodacom systems and processes
- Perform quality assurance testing on key processes and systems changes which impact recording, processing and billing of revenue producing events. Quantify the value of revenue assurance in terms of revenue loss, revenue loss prevented and revenue recovered
- Drive improvements in new products/projects to ensure risks are managed proactively
- Manage communications/escalations arising from revenue assurance work to ensure stakeholders at local and Group level are adequately briefed in a timely manner.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Influencing and negotiating skills – ability to drive improvements across business units by engaging positively with ExCo, HoDs and Group stakeholders
- Attention to Detail: Ability to focus on the lowest level of detail and assess the impact at the macro level
- Strong data analysis and process review skills
- Strong mix and combination of Technical/engineering skills as well as financial skills.
- Passion for the role: Exhibit enthusiasm and a can-do attitude about work and deliverables – motivate team to deliver as one.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in at least one of the following: IT, Accounting, Technology, Engineering
- Strong data analysis skills e.g. on SQL, PL/SQL, ACL, Python.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of revenue assurance methodologies on GSM and M-Pesa in a medium to large telco