Job Opportunity at Vodacom – Squad: Software Specialist (Developer)
Squad: Software Specialist (Developer)
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2023
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
What you’ll do
The Back-End Developer creates the logical back-end and core computational logic of a website, software or information system (using broad technologies such as JAVA, C#, Python etc). Creating prototypes and designs and builds modules and solutions in all iterative cycles, to develop, maintain, and optimize the business outcome. This role is responsible for performing peer reviews, collaborating with architects and other developers to produce design, and ensuring that technical documentation and training is provided for reference and operational support. Typically reports to the Chapter Lead.
Who you are
- Designs and develops code, writes and executes unit and integration tests, and supports testing of deliverables against user and technical story acceptance tests;
- Designs and develops micro-services in Digital Agility Layer supporting specific commercial requirements and customer journeys;
- Builds performance driven websites/user interfaces with an understanding of network traffic, HTTP requests and other performance focused enhancements;
- Tests and deploys developed micro-services to relevant environments using available CI/CD tools;
- Understands / uses RESTful APIs and JSON;
- Coordinates with relevant stakeholders inside and outside the squad to clarify commercial requirements and ensure the correct high-quality outcome;
- Estimates user and technical stories to help inform and prioritize backlog;
- Develops and executes unit and integration tests and supports testing against user and technical story acceptance tests;
- Suggests improvements to user stories and design;
- Manages technical debt as part of daily activities;
- Maintains coding standards;
- Troubleshoots, maintains and optimizes released micro-services based on defined allocation of ownership.
Not a perfect fit?
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.
What’s in it for you
Together we can
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.