Job Opportunity at WFP – Logistics Associate G6
Logistics Associate G6 (Operations Documentations & planning) FTA at WFP August, 2023
JOB TITLE: Logistics Associate G6 – Operations Documentations and Planning.
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
Fixed Term Appointment
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
Dodoma Liaison Office
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- At least 6 years of logistics operations.
- Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience in administering third-party service providers’ contracts.
- Experience in compiling contract documentation.
- Experience in contract execution.
- Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Swahili languages.
Job holders report directly to the National Logistics Officer (Logistics Hub Manager) in Dodoma.
At this level, job holders demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders typically manage a small team, supervising and coaching staff.
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide specialized support to supply chain operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
3. Support management of supply chain vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
4. Support the vendor selection process by gathering market intelligence and vendor assessments (e.g., transporters, food suppliers, and retailers).
5. Identify, resolve, and/or provide recommendations on specialized technical queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of inquiries with an excellent client service mindset.
6. Prepare, monitor, and revise the budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
7. Monitoring supply chain inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to the beneficiaries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONTINUED
8. Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
9. Analyze operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
10. Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g., commodity permits for movements in the camps, customs clearance, vendor invoice verification), and take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
11. Perform research, collect and compile data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g., CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport, and other vendors’ service performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.
12. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
13. Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
14. Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
- Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level.
- Supply Chain Management and Optimization Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.
- Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.
- Information Management & Reporting Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.
- Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
- Technical Assistance and Coordination Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only Tanzanian nationals should apply for this position.
- Only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for receiving applications is 24 August 2023.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.