Job Vacancy at TMHS – Medical Doctor
Job Title : Medical Doctor
Department : Medical Services
Reports To : HOD Medical Services
Date : 15th September 2023
Emergency medical services (EMS) is a large portion of the operational responsibility. Work involves stressful situations dealing with emergency situations such as heart attacks, cardiac arrests, overdoses, strokes, trouble breathing, pediatric emergencies, falls, car crashes, assaults and emotionally ill patients. This position may involve medical responses on a transport unit (ambulance) or on a remote setting/site.
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, patients, families, hospital staff, outside professional agencies, co-workers and supervisory personnel, whether volunteer or paid, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as death, dismemberment, pediatric death, total devastation and loss
- May be required to hold over to cover emergencies and work overtime without advanced notice.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for prolonged periods of time and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines or uneven terrain.
- Must be physically fit to perform job functions adequately as dictated by occupational health.
- Be able to hear and understand at normal range levels.
- May be required to use vehicles in the performance of duties.
- Vehicles are to include but not limited to: cars, trucks, and ambulances
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful physical activity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in direct clinical practice as the principal component of his/her professional responsibility within the Department.
- Provide medical assessment, diagnostic determination, and clinical management necessary to ensure appropriate clinical disposition of Emergency Department patients.
- Accurate and timely completion of all clinical and professional records and documentation to assure compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory, licensure, and accreditation requirements.
- Communicate with consulting providers as necessary to facilitate necessary ongoing care and treatment of patients.
- Work to create a positive work culture within department and cross-departmental teams. 6. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Work requires Bachelor Degree in Medicine or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS from reputable University or Institute.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Advanced Life Support (ALS) or equivalent
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) or Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or International Trauma
- Life Support (ITLS) or equivalent
Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in emergency care unit / emergency medical services in well recognized facility. Experience in Oil and gas, mining or construction projects sector will be added advantage