Airport Services Manager
Reference No OP-20-011
Job Title Airport Services Manager .Dar Es Salaam – CS
Bachelor Degree in related discipline with 06 years of experience in relevant field
Or 02 years college Diploma with 08 years of experience in relevant field
Or Specialised certificate / license* in the related discipline with Higher Secondary School with 12 years of experience in relevant field.
*(denotes as under)
– Dangerous Goods Certification (immaterial of validity)
– Weight & Balance Certification (immaterial of validity) mandatory
– Ramp Safety (immaterial of validity)
– Specialized Training in all areas Ground Services
– Proficient in English (Reading & Writing)
– Proficiency in MS office
– Must be tactful and courteous in dealing with various nationalities particular with irritated and unruly passengers and VIPs in-order to maintain the Company profile
– Must be capable of making logical, on the spot decisions in problem solving. Therefore, fair degree of concentration and alertness is needed.
Experience Required As mentioned in the qualification area
Job Location Tanzania-Dar Es Salaam
- Coordinate with Regional Airport Service Manager on ongoing action plan for service improvements, adapt all possible methods to achieve/exceed the set up targets.
- Manage the daily operation of the airport from scheduling appropriate number of staff to overseeing and participating in staff hiring and development.
- Liaise with Service providers to ensure that best efforts taken in promoting Oman Air operations.
- Liaise with internal/external sections/departments such as Engineering, Catering, Commercial, Flight Operations, Cargo, Finance, Procurement and Training towards achieving/exceeding targets.
- Ensure Oman Air’s marketing interests are safeguarded at all times.
- Ensure that Staffs are guided to adhere to all laid down procedures/regulations/standards & agreements affecting passenger, ramp, baggage, cargo, weight and balance as specified in the manuals, regulations and directives.
- Ensure a high standard of safety and security for staff, passengers, baggage, cargo, mail, aircraft and company property.
- Ensure major potential problem areas are identified and action taken to rectify.
- Plan leave schedules for staff. Ensure that staff on shift Wears Company uniform to the required standard, meet appearance and grooming.
- Maintain documentations pertaining to staff administrative matters and recommend recruitment, promotions or dismissal of staff when deem necessary.
- Ensure Oman Air staff are appropriately trained and guided correctly to use manuals, procedures and directives.
- Ensure all passengers are handled in correct manner and provide personalized service to high yield passenger as well as for any special service required for economy class passengers.
- Monitor handling activities of ramp duties, with special emphasis on cabin cleaning.
- Ensure timely of arrival baggage in the baggage reclaim area. Investigate any deviation from the set up standards.
- Ensure safeguard of flight revenue documents and prompt dispatch to head office as per the laid-down procedure.
- .Ensure that company regulations are followed with regard to lost/found/damage baggage and that the time factor in this connection is not exceeded.
- Ensure all discrepancies are reported in the station logbook and make RASM aware of corrective action taken along with recommendation to prevent recurrence.
- Implement action plan for delayed flight and accomplish all the necessary steps in accordance with the laid-down procedure and ensure maximum attention and care provided to all passengers.
- Adapt instructive guidelines for oversold flight on shift basis in line with the action plan – over-sale, brief of all staff under his direction and coordination with GHA for implementation.
- Investigate passenger complaint and prepare detailed report for further assessment and action by Customer Relation Section. Copy RASM in the correspondence.
- Prepare annual budget for the station identifying all required and applicable cost related activities.
- Represent Oman Air at all levels at industry meetings including AOC and local governmental departments. Conduct regular briefing/debriefing sessions with shift in-charges towards improvement.
- Present Monthly Reports to respective Regional Ground Services Managers, detailing relevant to Ground services performances against KPIs, Customer Services Delivery Standards and Staff issues.
- Responsible for station Emergency Response Plan
Closing Date 02-03-2020