Internal &External Vacancy Advertisement
ActionAid Tanzania is an anti-poverty agency working to end poverty and injustice.
Qualified women candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ) envisions seeing Tanzania without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys his/her right to a life of dignity. Currently, the organization is looking for a qualified, experienced and self-motivated person to fill m the following vacant post:
Job Title:Information Technology Coordinator
Work station: Head Office, Dar es Salaam
Reports to:Head of Human Resources, Organisational Development& Support Services
Department: HROD & SS Job Role:
To provide appropriate Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) to AATZ staff and partners, as well as to ensure that the IT systems are m compliance with ActionAid policies as well as ActionAid International (AAI) standards.
- Involve the management and the International IT on the strategic development of IT in the Country and ensure that investments in this area are m lme with the AAI Mission and Values.
- Work closely with International IT for support within the AAI countries
- Provide technical support to AATZ computer network m line with IT policy
- Design and maintain a communication infrastructure in all programme areas as per IT plans and user needs
- Oversee the server’s administration on day to day basis m the office and ensure that the systems are up to date and running smoothly, with periodic upgrades and patches of the servers to keep up with current trend of technology’ changes
- Ensure AAI Tanzania has the right connectivity as described m AAI standards, monitor the mternet link for the benefit of sponsorship database, e-mail access as well as ensure all DADI’s are well connected for ease access of AAI systems through WiMAX/VSAT technology’ and any other emerging cost-effective technologies in Tanzania
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and resolve software related problems.
- Ensure anti-virus updates are up to date at the servers, desktops and laptops of all staff within the office
- Look after all hardware systems (Laptops, Desktops, Servers and Printers) and ensure that they are m good condition and regularly serviced.
- Ensure that data backups of all systems within the Servers, Desktops and laptops within the office.
- Manage and update AATZ website
- Maintain security safeguards to constantly protect the integrity of AATZ information
- Ensure that all staff e-mail systems are comiected to synchronize mails with servers wherever they are as long as there is any internet connection
- Provide Help Desk user support to meet user queries and needs
- Support departmental systems (SUN, NK2)
- Carry’ out regular IT Clinic (training) to ensure that staff is maximizing use of the office apphcation systems which will impact on the way they work with guidance from the International IT team
- Work closely with other vendors or IT trainees to ensure that adequate IT support is available at the field offices.
- Plan and manage the IT budget as per the IT Plan and Country’ Strategy’ Paper
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a busy office supportmgcomputer systems from a recognized organization. An NGO experience is an added value.
- Degree in Computer Science, OR Information Technology or related field is required from a reputable higher learning institution.
- A Microsoft Certified Systems Engmeer (MCSE) certification is desirable for this position; a CISCO Certification will be an added advantage.
- Planning, Budgeting and budgetary’ control
- Good knowledge in Sim systems and HR Systems is desirable
- Knowledge in Cisco router configuration and firewall setup, as well as good understanding of wireless technologies is required.
- A sound knowledge in Local Area Network Setup, admmistration and support as well as good knowledge in wide Area Network Setup
- Good knowledge m Windows Operating systems (Windows 2000/2003 Server, Exchange 2000/2003, SQL 2000/2005 and Software firewalls) and Sound knowledge in Desktop operating systems (Windows 2000 Prof. / XP) as well as applications.
- Good communication; English is an added advantage
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Ability to do simple repairs of ICT equipment
- Problem solving, judgment and decision making
- Creativity, self-drive &resilience
NB:Applicant must have vehicle driving skills with a valid driving license
To apply, submit your updated curriculum vitae, a motivation letter and state your gross salary’ expectation per month and send to Head of Human Resources Organizational Development& Support Service, through E-mail: email@example.com
Closing date: 22 November2019 at 14.00hrs. Please clearly indicate “Application for ActionAid Tanzania Information & Technology Coordinator” in your email subject.
NB: Whilst all applications received will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, we regret that we can only respond to shortlisted candidates