Salary:5,730.78/hour gross, plus holiday pay, 13th month bonus and benefits
Term Details:This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Tanzania.
Level: General Support
Location: Dar es-Salaam, Tanzania
Closing date for applications: 25-01-2019 At midnight UTC/GMT
Summary of position:
Under the general supervision of the Program manager, the driver, whose daily activities are managed by the administrative assistant, provides transportation to employees of the mission, provides delivery and messaging services for all mission’s program; ensures proper maintenance of the official vehicles, provides administrative, maintenance, support services to the mission according to the policies of the mission; completes other tasks if as required
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
• Completed secondary school.
• Intermediate level of English (oral and written)
In order to understand instructions and communicate information to local authorities and traffic officers, if needed.
• A minimum of five years recent* professional experience as a driver for a company, diplomatic missions, or UN agencies.
• Experience in delivering correspondence to government and other offices.
*Recent is defined as within the last 10 years
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play and practical tests.
• Thorough knowledge of the city of Dar es Salaam and its periphery;
• Knowledge of local regulations on driving, road, car and road safety;
• Basic knowledge of mechanics.
• Client Focus;
• Ability to work under pressure
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
• Knowledge of French language.
• Experience driving armoured vehicles
.• Ability to work overtime with little notice, which may include weekends;
• Must be available to respond in case of emergency to telephone calls which may take place after working hours and during weekends.
• Able to do physical tasks such as lift heavy boxes, clean cars.
Condition(s) of Employment:
• To be eligible to work and live in Tanzania;
• To be able to obtain and maintain reliability and Security status;
• To hold a clean driving License ;
• To meet all requirements of the medical examination (compulsory).
How to apply
• Please follow the link http://wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=?& and complete the online application form.
• Candidates are also required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
• Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: RSCEMA.Personnel@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
Area of selection:
Open to applicants who are legal residents or citizens of Tanzania, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Please note that the High Commission of Canada to Tanzania does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly. The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
• Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• The High Commission of Canada in Tanzania does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
• The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the High Commission of Canada in Tanzania which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.
• If you have any questions at any stage of the recruitment process, please send an email to: RSCEMA.Personnel@international.gc.ca
TO APPLY CLICK HERE