The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Dar es salam is looking for the earliest possible time a member of staff in politics and translator.
The activity includes the following tasks:
- Translations of all kinds for the various work areas of the embassy (Swahili <> German)
- Research and evaluation of political developments in Tanzania and within the East African Community
- Cultivating contacts with Tanzanian government agencies and authorities
- Support and implementation during program preparation of delegations from Germany
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Comparable intermediate maturity and work experience in at least one of the two areas of activity
- Very good knowledge of German and Swahili as well as good command of spoken and written English
- Very good IT skills, especially in Word and Excel
- Excellent teamwork and flexibility
- Fluency and courtesy in dealing with partners and visitors
- Willingness to change working hours and possibly overtime
- For non-Tanzanian nationals: valid residence permit for Tanzania
Experiences in connection with the activity at a German diplomatic mission are of advantage.
The employment contract is governed by Tanzanian labor law. The weekly working time is 40 hours. A locally appropriate payment is guaranteed.
Application letter with curriculum vitae in exclusively German language, school leaving certificates and proof of education as well as copies of the passport and, if applicable, the residence permit must be submitted to the embassy no later than 15.12.2019. They are on Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Dar es Salaam,
z. H. Mrs. Anselment,
P.O. Box 9541, Dar es Salaam
or by mail to: [email protected]
NOTE: To send Incomplete applications can not be considered. Only applicants who are invited to the interview will be informed.