Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km from Mwanza City and 20 km South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 km west of the fast growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position mentioned below:
Position: Maintenance Superintendent
Job Number: GGM-2019-XPE-05
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Process Manager.
BSc in Engineering
A minimum of 10 years in fixed Plant Maintenance.
Purpose of the Role:
Role responsible for Managing all maintenance in the process plant.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
- Oversee all aspects of site maintenance, possibly with specialist teams (mechanical, electrical/electronic, hydraulic, etc.), covering the mine itself, the associated processing mill, and related conveyor systems
- Collaborate with plant manager to recommend all operational improvements to processes and facilitate reduction in cost and ensure efficiency of all programs and adhere to GGM policies and Procedures
- Responsible for all the people (including contractors), equipment, tools, spare parts and materials in area of responsibility.
- Prepare and approve preventative maintenance and other plans, allocate work to their teams, oversee progress, solve problems and take corrective action when required.
- Prepare reports and briefs on equipment, safety, progress on projects and other matters
- Work with Engineering department on equipment performance and operations.
- Oversee the development of Maintenance Supervisors, providing support, encouragement, advice and guidance
- Establishment of resources necessary to execute each work (manpower, materials, tools, contractors, etc
- Preparation of monthly work plan and joint analysis with production
- Analysis of work feedback to improve maintenance process
- Develop and maintain an effective and trust worthy work environment all times
- Preparing weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work
- Liaise with suppliers and consultants
- Must have Good written and oral communication skills in English language and
- Able to show initiative and co-ordination skills and be able to interact within all Mining Personnel and Maintenance sections.
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations.
- Be able to work at minimum supervision.
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be Maintenance Superintendent/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.