Job Opportunity at Geita Gold Mining (GGML) – Senior Manager Geology
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km from Mwanza City and 20 km South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 km west of the fast growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position mentioned below:
Position: Senior Manager Geology
Job Number: GGM-2019-XEX-05
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Operations Manager.
- Degree Certification in Geology.
- Recognized Management Development Qualification.
- Member or Affiliated to a Geological professional institution
Experience Knowledge & Skills Required:
- BSc Geology Degree or equivalent;
- 10+ years’ proven experience in Open Pit and Underground mine geology in an operational mining environment as well as Near Mine Exploration experience with at least 5 years’
- Experience at a senior management level Lead competent person for the signoff of Mineral Resources
- Overseas work experience as well as work experience across multiple companies
- Strong understanding of other mining-related disciplines
- Competency in geological mining software packages such as Vulcan, Datamine, Leapfrog, ArcGIS and Mapinfo
- Well-developed industry networks
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations / screening;
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
Purpose of the Role:
- To build, develop, and lead an effective team capable of delivering industry leading practices for
- Open Pit and Underground Mine Geology as well as Near Mine Exploration in order to achieve business objectives/tarqets.
Main or Key Accountabilities;
- The ability to work across all disciplines, where rigorous engagement and interaction is expected
- The ability to handle conflict resolution Experience in Performance Management
- The ability to utilise the following software -MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project) to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, mailings;
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- The ability to use statistical methods to analyse, validate & verify analytical data with a strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work and communicate with people at all
- Levels/good interpersonal skills, oc verny analytical aaia wun a strong attention to aeian.
- Can identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
- Establish and maintain processes to provide a safe workplace to all employees and external service providers undertaking work within area of accountability
Establish and maintain processes to ensure that all environmental risks and emerging issues are identified, and mitigation plans to put in place
- Build, develop and lead the mine geological teams and technical support teams
- Training and mentoring of personnel
Geological Mine Production Processes & Practices (Advanced Application)
- Understands key geological processes and has demonstrated the ability to apply it in optimising ore grade to improve performance.
- Demonstrate knowledge in geological reconciliations to track ore grade with mining dispatch systems, surveying, geology and contract management,
- Provide input into Geotechnical evaluation methods in surface and U/G mining operations
- Engage Specialists support when required.
- Able to manage performance based on interpretation of data and can initiate and drive the operational improvements as required.
Near Mine Exploration Processes & Practices (Advanced Application)
- Understands key exploration processes and has demonstrated the ability to apply it in optimising exploration performance.
- Experience in working in Archean gold deposits -« Coordinating and optimizing the mine district exploration plan to meet the mine plan requirements and exploration strategy
- Managing all aspects of exploration programs from project generation, early-stage, advanced- stage and mine site exploration
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders in regards to Tenement management
Operational Management (Advanced Application)
- Ability to effectively lead and communicate to all levels of the team.
- Understands key processes and systems to
- High level of understanding of current geological work practices, particularly
- Sound understanding of the components and key drivers of the surface and underground mining value chains
- Ore resource and reserves estimates
- Grade Control Modeling, specifically MP3
- Open pit and Underground RC drilling and Sampling Scheduling of Drill related activities. Ore Accounting and Stockpile Management
- Management Mine to Mill Ore body reconciliations
- Surface and Underground ore resource/reserve definition drilling.
- Near Mine Exploration Practices Coordinating and communicating Exploration Strategies
- Tenement Management Ability to create and manage budgets.
- Ability to accurately forecast, identify and manage operational risks and opportunities that relate to Geology
- Member of ore reserves as the competent person for the site.
- Experience in Project management.
- Contract Management and Tendering experience
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be Senior Manager Geology/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
Email: [email protected]
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application letters should reach the above on or before 22 November 2019 1730HRS.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.