• To provide support to regulatory assurance manager and compliance team in maintenance of a robust and effective compliance risk management framework, through assurance in regulatory and conduct matters.
• Undertake compliance reviews, and support business through provision of relevant recommendations, implementation and corrective measures and follow-ups, and providing compliance advisory services (strategic, tactic and transactional day to day compliance advice and direction) and specific recommendations to adequately manage compliance risks related to regulatory and conduct aspects.
Risk Assessment and Monitoring:
• Assist with the compliance risk assessment process ensuring that the compliance risks are appropriately identified, assessed, and managed
• Assist in the development and implementation of a risk-based regulatory and conduct compliance program; ensure that compliance procedures, systems and controls are up-to-date and effective.
• Assist in coordination of Volcker attestation, FATCA, GDPR processes and other relevant programs including design of respective monitoring, testing and reporting
• Take part as assigned in regulatory exams and regulatory inquires: maintain records and reports of meetings and correspondences with regulators and ensure proper follow – up on open commitments as necessary.
• Review the bank’s operations for compliance with applicable laws and regulations
• Ensure day-to-day monitoring and reporting of compliance risks
• Provide guidance & technical advice on regulatory compliance matters to business units and management
• Ensure understanding of relevant regulatory requirements in order to provide advice and guidance to compliance team and internal stakeholders
• Inform on an ongoing basis of any regulatory breaches and other regulatory issues/concerns
• Identify and keep abreast of new laws and changes to laws and regulations, in order to be up to date with current compliance requirements
• Support in assessing the training needs and management of employee awareness and training as well as providing regular training to employees on compliance matters
Policy and Procedure Management:
• Maintain a register of bank policies, manuals and circulars and ensure all policies are periodically reviewed and updated as appropriate
• Review compliance policies and procedures on a regular basis to ensure they comply with statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Where relevant participate in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures
• Assist the Compliance Manager with compliance reporting
• Timely compilation of reports from Zonal Risk and Compliance Coordinators.
• Assist in the preparation of standard and ad-hoc information and data reports to regulators and other stakeholders as required.
• Prepare and manage on regular basis appropriate timely management information reports on compliance and regulatory issues
• Good understanding and appreciation of Compliance Risk Management principles and standards; regulatory requirements and best practices relevant to banking;
• Good understanding of the bank’s products, policies, operational procedures and operating systems
• Basic understanding of Enterprise Risk Management framework and compliance control environment
• Good presentation skills with ability to prepare quality reports,
• Attentive to details, with intellectual and analytical skills
• Very good time management skills, with ability to plan, prioritize and organise tasks
• Very good Interpersonal skills with ability to negotiate objectively
Qualifications and Experience
• Banking experience of at least 3 years preferably in Regulatory Compliance / Audit / Risk management or Legal, with exposure in preparing analytical management reports and stakeholders engagement.
• Exposure in developing Policies and other Business Documents will be an added advantage.
• University Degree / advanced diploma in finance / law / economics / banking / accounting or equivalent qualifications.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE