ME&A is seeking to recruit Director of Strategic Information, Strategy and Innovation under project of USAID/Tanzania Data for Development who will lead the Strengthened Performance Monitoring and Reporting activities. The position holder manages the Data Quality Assessment (DQA) activities as the primary function. The Director of Strategic Information, Strategy and Innovation reports to Chief of Party. The Director will also supervise the IT/IPRS Specialist and GIS Specialist. It is anticipated that Data for Development will conduct up to 50 DQAs for USAID (including PEPFAR and non-PEPFAR indicators annually through 2021.
The Director of Strategic Information, Strategy and Innovation will be responsible for developing the strategy to conduct multiple DQAs throughout the year. The Director will provide training, mentoring and coaching to the Component 2 staff and to others in Data for Development. The Director will contribute technical assistance, support, and direction for the Data for Development DQA team throughout the year. Specific tasks include:
• Developing strategic approach to conducting DQAs throughout the year and ensuring that all deliverables are timely and of high-quality; preparing DQA schedules, protocol, reports and recommendation tracker
• Compiling portfolio review, PPR/APR data base system; supervising the IPRS database maintenance and upgrades to the system – Contributing to the performance management plan and update quarterly
• Insuring that at least 15-20 IPs’ project/activity MEL plans are reviewed and adhere to high quality MEL standards on an annual basis – Updating the PMP and MEL plans with baseline data, targets and actual for the mission and all implementing partners
• Creating new data platform for efficient collection and verification of data – Developing curriculum and training for orientation and training of DQA data collectors (both internal staff and consultants)
• Contributing to DQA survey materials and instruments and pilot testing these instruments – Overseeing DQA coordination with USAID CORs/AORs and IPs
• Conducting site visits and data analysis – Managing and overseeing the relevant subcontracting agreements for Component 2
• Contributing to the development of Data for Development’s GIS offering of services and products; working to deliver high-quality products to USAID; and provide customized trainings
• Supervising the IPRS system updates and the Data for Development requirements for annual and monthly updating – Developing and delivering in-briefings and de-briefings to IP staff and/or USAID CORs/AORs – Conducting key informant interviews with IP staff as necessary
• Providing quality assurance to DQA reports based on findings and conclusions – Managing Component 2 capacity building activities, including working with IPs, as appropriate, to strengthen their internal capacity to conduct data monitoring exercises and address any issues identified during the DQA process
• Contributing to capacity building activities targeted to specific stakeholders, including USAID staff, IPs, and Government of Tanzania and local institutions – Assist in liaison to GOT Ministries that work with Data for Development, including but not limited to PO-RALG, Ministry of Health and social welfare agencies
• Participating in GOT task forces for development of DQA processes and indicators such as the GOT’s initiative to develop DQAs for the health supply chain
• Working with Capacity Building Manager to develop internal training for Component 2 staff
• Developing and supervising the relevant components/sessions of Annual Learning Summit and other training venues
• Meeting targets for capacity building activities related to Component 2
The Director of Strategic Information, Strategy and Innovation will be based in Dar es Salaam at the Data for Development Offices. He will work closely with and report directly to the Chief of Party under Component 2 of the Data for Development Task Order.
• Master’s degree or higher in a social science field.
• 10+ years working in monitoring, evaluation and learning environments.
• Ability to manage teams of professional staff often working remotely
• 6+ years in conducting Data Quality Assessments with USAID
• Excellent written and verbal ability in English and Kiswahili
• Experience writing reports for USAID or other donors (writing samples may be requested)
• History of effectively working and collaborating in multi-cultural and gender balanced teams
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Candidate’s interest will be submitted online at https://meandahq.isolvedhire.com/ with a copy of resume and a cover letter indicating the job title.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE