Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA) is competitively best utility in the Tanzanian Water Sector, supplying clean and safe water and provides sewerage services in Tanga City. The Authority with the ISO 9001:2015 certification in quality management systems, is hereby seeking for a relevant qualified and highly motivated persons to fill the following competitive vacancies available in her manning level.
Title of position: Customer Service Manager (One Position)
Scope of the position and its expected outputs:
- The Customer Services Manager is the Head of the Department responsible for all business matters pertaining to customer services, billing, and revenue follow up and ensuring customers’ satisfaction to meet Authority’s Vision and Mission
- Appointed by Board of Directors
- Reports to Managing Director
- Supervises: Customer Service Officers, Billing Officer and Credit Control Officer.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Plans, coordinates and supervises Tanga UWASA business/ customer services, to meet the set targets of the Authority:
- Manages and coordinates the preparation of annual operating budget of the Department:
- Formulates short and long term work programmes for the Department and supervising the implementation of such programmes:
- Monitors the provision of water and sewerage services with a view to achieving customer satisfaction, and takes measures to minimize customer dissatisfaction:
- Coordinates Customers Services efficiently to meet set targets for reduction of unaccounted-for-water, revenue collection, and debt recovery:
- Establishes systems for issuing bills and collecting revenue, and takes measures to ensure that such systems are followed:
- Develops and coordinates the implementation of customer focus programmes, and advises the Managing Director on risks and threats posed by customers:
- Maintains appropriate data-base and records of all the Authority’s customers:
- Ensures appropriate customer handling on all matters/ complaints pertaining to services delivered by the Authority:
- Prepares periodic reports outlining the performance of the Department and the status of the Authority’s customer services:
- Manages the Human resources of the Department in accordance with the Public Service Act (2002) and Authority’s regulations, by focusing on the expansion and sustainability of the Authority:
- Monitors and evaluates Department/Staff performance to comply with OPRAS and ISO requirements:
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
The holder of this position must have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounts/Finance, Economics/ Marketing/ Business Administration/ Commerce or related field and a relevant Master’s degree from a recognized institution:
- Must have at least seven (7) years working experience on a managerial position,
- Must be ICT literate with good and proven interpersonal communication skills
Age Limit – Not above 45 years
- High integrity and accountability.
- Ability to innovate and manage changes
- Good capacity to explore/ establish business opportunities and networking
- Strategic thinking and decision making
- Good communication, mentorship and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to work hard and meet deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain team working, and good lasting relationships with customers, stakeholders and employees.
Terms of Engagement Permanent and Pensionable
All the posts carry attractive remuneration packages respectively, according to the Authority’s salary scale and other entitlements.
A hand-written signed application letter attached with an updated Curriculum Vitae showing age, current employer and working position, address, names and contacts addresses of three referees and day working telephone numbers, Copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials. Applicants employed in Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers.
Your application letter should reach to the undersigned before 30th November 2019.
All applications should be directed to:
The Managing Director
Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O Box 5011,
Tanga UWASA is an equal opportunity employer
Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Women with right qualifications are highly encouraged to apply