Jobs at The Legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC) – Dar es salaam, May 2019
The legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC) requires the professional skills of an experienced Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer to join the Monitoring and Evaluation Function of the organization. LHRC is a self- reflective organisation that values collective and individual
learning; an important practice that has been core to its ability to remain on the cutting edge of whatever is done, renew energy as well as have the strengths to withstand processes of rusting and erosion. For more about LHRC kindly visit our website.
Position: PROCUREMENT OFFICER (1 post)
LHRC intends to increase its workforce by recruiting a Procurement officer as detailed below, qualified candidates are requested to send their details.
Reporting to: Director of Finance and Administration
Duty Station: Justice Lugakingira House, Kijitonyama Dares salaam
Terms of Service: Full Time 2 and 7months Contract renewable,
Duties and Responsibilities.
- The position will involve but is not limited to the following areas of responsibility;
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Participate in the preparation of Annual procurement plan
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
- Maintain list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
- Participate in the evaluation process of various tenders, Expression of Interests (ElOs)
- Submit Monthly Progress reports to Director of Finance and Administration
- Perform any other activity as assigned by the supervisor.
- A secretariet to the LHRC Procurement Committee,
Minimum Qualifications, Competency and Experience.
- Must be Tanzanian Citizen
- Degree in Procurement and Supply Management or related fields, Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Two (2) years previous experience as procurement officer or related position
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer of contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritizes, and manages time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Knowledge of procurement processes, policies and procedures
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
Position: MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING (MEL) OFFICER
Terms of Service: 2 years and seven months contract renewable.
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Justice Lugakingira House, Kijitonyama
Reporting to: The Executive Director
At least a bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, project management, social sciences, environment sciences, development studies, management, law, or any other related studies.
Experience working with NGOs for at least 5 years of experience in project/programme cycle management; project/programme monitoring & evaluation, high quality report writing, financial management, organisational development, capacity building, organising & delivering trainings, organizing field events/workshops. The candidate should be fluent in Swahili and English and able to work independently with minimum supervision/guidance.
- The MEL Officer will support the Progamme Officers, partners and Directors mainly in the following areas:
- Developing & implement LHRC MEL strategy;
- Supporting LHRC partners in developing & implementing MEL strategies;
- Ensuring high quality management of the ongoing LHRC programs;
- Regular monitoring of LHRC programmes to ensure timely delivery of the expected results;
- Ensuring regular & systematic monitoring & proper documentation of LHRC programmes’ outcomes and impacts;
- Planning and implementing capacity building measures for LHRC members to ensure high quality and impactful programme management/implementation;
- Supporting the development of learning materials within LHRC programmes;
- Facilitating learning and knowledge exchanges within LHRC platform;
- Ensuring timely reporting by LHRC partners and reviewing them;
- Supporting timely and high quality reporting to LHRC donors,
- Take part in resource mobilization through participation in proposal development with other program staff.
- Design, implement and evaluate projects with an aspect of resource mobilization
Mode of Application
Application should include the following:
i/ A well Detailed Curriculum Vitae which incorporates all contacts telephone/Mobile numbers, postal address e-mail and Physical address as well as a motivational letter.
ii/ Certified Copies of relevant Certificates of Form IV, VI, University Degree, Academic Transcripts, Birth Certificates, and all other relevant certificates
iii/ Full Names and detailed address of three referees (Address should include Mobile Phone(s), email and postal address.
All applications should be sent to Legal and Human Rights Centre through postal address or via email as indicated below.
Legal and Human Rights Centre,
P.0 BOX 75254,
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for applications: May 16th, 2019. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a successful candidate may be obtained before the deadline. Therefore, kindly send application as soon as you can.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for further details &test / interview; if you don’t hear from us, consider yourself Unsuccessful.