Maternal and Child Health Project Manager at SolidarMed- Tanzania
Deadline Date: Friday, 30 November 2018
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
City: Manhenge, Ulanga District
SolidarMed is the Swiss organization for health in Africa and improves health care for 1.5 million people in Lesotho, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. SolidarMed strengthens and meaningfully expands existing health services.
We have an exciting position for an experienced health professional to join our passionate team in Tanzania.
Maternal and Child Health Project Manager, Tanzania
Full time (100%) appointment (minimum 3 years)
Place of Assignment
Mahenge, Ulanga District, Tanzania
Start of Duties
April 2019, with flexibility
Tasks and responsibilities
· Support the district to improve quality and coverage of maternal, adolescent and child health services through the provision of technical advice to build up clinical and managerial capacity through on the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Support selected activities to strengthen the District Health System (infrastructure, equipment, data collection and analysis etc.)
· Pilot and assess new strategies in view of potential scaling up
· Apply scientific evidence, promote innovative interventions, network with research organizations and participate in implementation research
· Coordinate with stakeholders at different levels, such as Ministry of Health, other NGO’s etc.
· This position combines project management, public health and (optional) clinical work
· Management tasks include project cycle management (including monitoring, reporting and budgets) as well as coordination and support of a dynamic local team
· Clinician with strong interest or degree in public health or public health expert with clinical experience
· Clinical background in paediatrics, obstetrics or midwifery is an asset.
· Public Health working experience in Sub-Saharan Africa
· Strong skills in project, human resource and financial management (budget responsibility), interest in knowledge sharing, applied field research and scientific exchange
· Fluent English (written, spoken); basic Kiswahili (or strong willingness to learn); German would be an asset
· Applied IT skills with interest in digital solutions
· Willingness to live in a safe and rural area of Tanzania
A fascinating up to date health project in a rural African setting and stimulating environment, linked to bilateral organizations, universities and non-governmental organizations. You will be part of a motivated team with flat hierarchies. SolidarMed offers an attractive benefit package commensurate with Swiss standards. In addition, we also offer targeted training with possibilities for clinical collaboration, scientific networking and participation in conferences. Family posting is possible but no international or English medium school in Mahenge
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org citing reference “Maternal and Child Health Project Manager, Tanzania 2019” and include
· your CV including 3 references
· a short covering letter outlining your motivation
· copies of your qualifications
Please also mention how you heard about the job posting (if internet, please mention which site).
Due to the high volume of applications, SolidarMed will only contact shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask you not to send in duplicate or hard copies of your CV.
Timeline for applications: 30 November 2018
- Maternal and Child Health Project Manager at SolidarMed- Tanzania
- Job vacancies at Tigo – Reconciliation Manager (Grade 11)
- Gender Officer – EngenderHealth’s
- Civil Engineers at Eco-Sense Construction Limited
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer at Precision Air Services Plc
- Consultant – MS TCDC,
- Job Opportunities at Tanga Cement Plc
- 35 Job opportunities at Management and Development for Health (MDH) – HIV Counselling and taster
Avoid Scams: Never pay to have your cv/application pushed forward, Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a scam. If that happens Please report it