Background. Spallanzani Action With Africa – SAWA TANZANIA is a registered trustee, nonprofit organisation, established and incorporated under the Trustees Incorporation Act (Cap. 318 R.E.2002) with certificate of incorporation no. 5232 since 2015. SAWA TANZANIA aims at promoting health cooperation and translational research by pursuing activities of mutual solidarity, operating overall in collaboration with the public medical sector in the United Republic of Tanzania.
SAWA TANZANIA is based in Dodoma Region and focuses its actions in strengthening the health system, especially in the field of infectious diseases, with projects aimed to increase the quality of health services. SAWA TANZANIA also collaborates with the Italian National Institute for Infectious Diseases (based in Rome, Italy) to promote and conduct translational research in infectious diseases field in order to contribute to the empowerment of the health system, with positive impact on patients’ outcome.
Duty Station: all 3 positions (Laboratory Technician, Medical Coordinator and Nursing Officer) will be located in Dodoma Regional Referral Hospital, Dodoma, Tanzania
Contract duration: as a full-time fixed term of twelve months, renewable with possible extension depending on performance and funding.
SAWA TANZANIA is an equal opportunities employer and has its own Employment Conditions Scheme in Remuneration Overall goal of the job positions: support to the Decentralization of the management of Drug Resistant Tuberculosis in Dodoma Region, Tanzania (DETER -TB)
Medical Coordinator (1 Post)
- Qualification and experience. University degree in medicine from any recognised University or Institution plus registration by the National Medical Council
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in public health and/or TB control;
- Proven track record in people, project and finance management;
- Expertise in overall management of TB and HIV; Knowledge and skills in project activities implementation;
- Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office package;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and Kiswahili;
- Excellent presentation skills in a highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise TB control stakeholders at the regional and district levels on all areas of TB control (patient-centred care, MDR-TB, TB/HIV, paediatric TB, community engagement etc.)
- Participate in joint supportive supervision visits within the region
- Identify bottlenecks and opportunities in TB control in the region
- Develop and co-facilitate technical TB trainings
- Supervise and inspire team members, while creating an environment where sharing, technical debate and innovation are routine
- Contribute to the development of the regional work plan and implement the outlined project activities with the team
- Monitor the project performance according to the M&E plan
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual reports to the SAWA Tanzania President/board of Directors
- Maintain personal in-depth knowledge on TB care and prevention areas
- Participate in quarterly District TB and Leprosy Coordinators performance review meetings and the bi-annual NTLP meetings
Deadline for application. Deadline for submission of application is 27 of May 2019.
Mode of application.
All applications should be enclosed with relevant certified certificates and detailed curriculum vitae which indicate 3 referees’ contacts.
Applicants are invited to indicate all contact information necessary in order to reach them easily. Application should be submitted to the address below (through email or postal).
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. In case you do not hear for us in two weeks time after the closing date, you can consider yourself unsuccessful.
P.O. BOX 11044, DODOMA
Avoid Scams: Never pay to have your cv/application pushed forward, Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a scam. If that happens Please report it