The Research Assistants will report to the ShangRing Device Evaluation Coordinator. The contract for the position will be for duration of 6 months and will ideally commence from the beginning of November 2018. The positions will be based in Dar Es Salaam.
JOB TITLE: RESEARCH ASSISTANT (2 POSTS)
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Research assistants will be responsible for collecting data from the study participants including getting informed consent, filling in the survey questionnaire from enrollment throughout all follow up phases and conduct in-depth interviews for the 50 selected participants as well as service providers. They will be responsible entering questionnaires into the respective databases and also take photos as per the study requirements and write reports for their respective sites at the end of the pilot phase.
• Recruitment of study participants
• Provide information to, and take consent from, potential study participants.
• Recruit and schedule research participants for data collection.
• Collect data using both qualitative and quantitative tools/methods including taking photographs.
• Track research participants, and perform any necessary follow-up tasks
• Liaise with the facility in-charge and other stake holders in the study facilities
• Checking on quality of the transcripts and translations.
• Contribute to the interpretation of data and analysis
• Contribute in the preparation of scientific reports and publications, and their presentation
• Ensure the study is carried out ethically and according to applicable laws and regulations.
• Contribute to institutional meetings and seminars.
• Perform other activities as needed and indicated by the Research Coordinator or other project investigators
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRMENTS
• Advance Diploma (in social sciences/ population studies/public health)
• Demonstrable thoroughness and care for high quality work
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
• Computer literacy and ability to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work independently and to take initiative.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a highly professional attitude.
• Good understanding research methodologies including data collection
• Experience in conducting data collection using any of the approaches
• Effective communication skills and team work.
• Familiarity with working in both rural and urban areas with focus on participatory processes.
• Willingness to spend 90% of their time in the study areas and interact with different stakeholders.
• Problem-solving ability
• Results oriented and able to deliver on time
• Ability to work flexibly and good time management
• Core Competencies: Good understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
• Functional Competencies: Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work.
• Applicable Job Specific Competencies: Communication skills, Solid computer skills to include proficiency using email, word processing and spread sheet applications, and preferably Microsoft Office.
• Be prepared to travel, up to 50% of work time
• Ability to work on irregular schedule on occasion with the ability to travel frequently and on short notice.
• Self-starter with competence and with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet competing deadlines.
Summary of Benefits:
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
IntraHealth International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Application letter with detailed CV, indicating daytime telephone numbers, email address, names and contact information of two referees should be submitted to the following link Tanzania Job Opportunities and locating the job titled Research Assistant.
The closing date for receipt of applications is October 12, 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
Skills Required – Microsoft Excel
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Less than 3 years: Advance Diploma (in social sciences/ population studies/public health)
Licenses & Certifications Required
Public Health Conceptsp
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
Avoid Scams: Never pay to have your cv/application pushed forward, Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a scam. If that happens Please report it