Established in 1993, Tanager, an ACDI/VOCA affiliate, is an international nonprofit organization that brings people together at the table, on the ground, and across supply chains to co-create economic and social opportunities that change lives. Based in Washington, D.C., Tanager works with partners and ACDI/VOCA family of companies to expand market access and unlock the full potential of shared market opportunities that result in reliable supply chains, stable incomes, healthy families, and resilient communities.
Deadline Date: Friday, 24 May 2019
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Team Leader, Tanzania
Tanager, an ACDI/VOCA affiliate, is promptly seeking a Team Leader for the anticipated AgResults Tanzania Dairy Production Challenge Project. The purpose of this project is to strengthen the ability of smallholder farmers (SHFs) to increase dairy productivity to meet the growing demand for milk and dairy products in Tanzania. AgResults will implement a prize mechanism to award per-unit monetary prizes to Tanzanian private sector competitors that successfully sell or deliver “bundles” of productivity-increasing inputs to SHF dairy producers. The Team Leader will be responsible for managing day-to-day project activities and engaging with dairy industry stakeholders, including government, private sector, competitors, and technical advisors.
- Assume overall responsibility for facilitating the implementation of project, including the management of project budget and finances.
- Manage and oversee the competitor sourcing and sign-up process with the competitors.
- Oversee selection of legal support services for the development or finalization of the competition rules
- Collaborate with the client to develop a sales verification process, identify Verifier candidates, and oversee work of selected sales verification service provider
- Liaise effectively with private sector stakeholders, government officials, and the donor.
- Develop, implement, and monitor annual work plans to ensure project meets stated goals.
- Draft, write, and submit all program reports and deliverables in a timely manner.
- Oversee proper administrative, financial, and programmatic compliance with Tanager and donor regulations, policies, and procedures.
- A minimum of seven to ten years of experience managing international donor funded projects; Tanzania experience required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, economics, business, international development, or a related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating programs or projects that include public and private sector involvement.
- Proven ability to work independently; effectively manage time, competing priorities, and complex tasks; and identify opportunities and challenges and propose appropriate responses or solutions.
- Experience with positive stakeholder engagement, including the agribusiness private sector, international donors, and government officials.
- Experience overseeing monitoring and verification systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in English.
Avoid Scams: Never pay to have your cv/application pushed forward, Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a scam. If that happens Please report it