Team Leader – EU Agri-Connect: Supporting value chains for shared prosperity, Dar es Salaam
Team Leader – EU Agri-Connect: Supporting value chains for shared prosperity, IDAS
KPMG’s International Development Advisory Services (IDAS) team is looking to recruit a Team Leader for the upcoming EU Agri-Connect: Supporting value chains for shared prosperity – Technical Assistance to improve sector enablers and the business environment for tea, coffee and horticulture in Tanzania, which we will be submitting a proposal for.
KPMG is a leading provider of professional services, which include Audit, Tax and Advisory. KPMG’s International Development Advisory Services (IDAS) team employs full-time experienced development experts across Africa and on globally run programmes worldwide. IDAS is a respected programme and fund manager with extensive experience in building development partnerships between private and public entities, cooperatives and local community organizations; mentoring and developing supportive networks between businesses in Tanzania and the region. We work effectively with a wide range of clients, from global organisations to entrepreneurial start-ups within Tanzania and across Africa. KPMG has a global reach, and a depth and breadth of knowledge and relationships in Tanzania, which is aligned with our clients’ needs and expectations. We operate smoothly across borders, we think ahead of the curve, we provide deep expertise and we add value in a way that speaks directly to the priorities of our
We are seeking a dynamic individual with broad based knowledge of agriculture value chains to provide oversight over the implementation and day to day management of the EU Agri-Connect programme as a Team Leader. The role is likely to be based at KPMG offices in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with regular travel within the country.
This is a full-time, fixed term appointment tied to the Agri-connect Programme, which is expected to have a duration of at least 3-4 years. We are looking for international or locally based candidates that are able to take on a full-time role.
The Team Leader will provide overall oversight, ensure quality assurance and enable coordination, and take the overall responsibility for delivery of programme outputs by the team.
– Lead and oversee all aspects of Programme Implementation including overall management of the Programme, finances and operational procedures.
– Oversee the design and planning of initiatives within the programme including monitoring and evaluation and knowledge sharing.
– Accountable for the achievement of results, ensuring quality of services are maintained at the highest standard, and that all project objectives and deliverables are met.
– Set the strategic direction of the programme
– Act as a liaison with government agencies and local/national partners
– Manage key stakeholder relationships, e.g. the Donor, Consortium Partners, high-level stakeholders, etc.
– Maintain open door policy to all programme staff at all times. Build and maintain consensus amongst the team. Supervise directly the senior members of the Agri-Connect team
– Provide Quality Assurance (QA) of project reports in accordance with donor requirements and KPMG’s professional reporting standards
Qualifications and experience
– Minimum 10 years of experience in senior positions, managing and leading agriculture/value chains programmes, preferably in the East African Region.
– Minimum 15 years’ experience in the agriculture sector, with a focus on value chains. Specific experience working in the coffee, tea, or horticulture sectors is a plus.
– Graduate/Masters qualification in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, or a related subject.
– Demonstrated experience in managing donor-funded aid investments and programs in Tanzania, preferably those funded by the European Union.
– Understanding of the rural political and agricultural economy of Tanzania will be an added advantage
– Strong Project Management, Capacity building and Team Management skills. Maintain strong relationships with (senior) government officials as well as policy makers and industry leaders, both in EU, and Tanzania;
– Ability to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines in a complex environment
– Strong interpersonal skills, diplomatic and tact to effectively communicate with senior level officials, multiple stakeholders and professionals from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds; and
– Strong professional oral communication, writing and analytical skills, including development of reports, learnings and oral presentations. Proficiency in Swahili is a plus.
– Willingness to travel regularly within the region and to other KPMG offices in the region
– Internally, the Team Leader will work with KPMG Programme Manager including Consortium Partners and; Externally, with the institutional local partners, Local Government Authorities, Other KPMG offices, and Individual consultants/experts that may be engaged for the Agri-Connect program.
The EUR 100 million “**Agri-Connect: Supporting value chains for shared prosperity”** programme will contribute to inclusive economic growth, promote private sector development and job creation in the agricultural sector and to increase food and nutrition security in Tanzania. This will be achieved in four result areas:
1 Improvement of sector enablers and business environment;
2 Support to the tea, coffee and horticulture value chains;
3 Improvement of selected rural roads;
4 Raising awareness of good nutritional practices
The Technical Assistance services requested will support the implementation of the first component (Improving sector enablers and the business environment for tea, coffee and horticulture in Tanzania) and coordinate the overall programme. Specifically, KPMG is expected to provide services to institutional partners and value chain actors contributing towards:
i) Improved policy, legislative and regulatory framework governing the target value chains;
ii) Increased trade promotion services;
iii) Improved sector governance, coordination and dialogue mechanisms across institutions and other actors; and
iv) Increased capacity of District Authorities to tackle malnutrition and foster growth of target value chains.
Furthermore, KPMG would support existing ministerial sectoral coordination units to
i) Ensure coordination and coherence of the different components under Agri-Connect;
ii) Act as a secretariat of the steering committee;
iii) Establish an action level M&E system and draft reporting
HOW TO APPLY
Avoid Scams: Never pay to have your cv/application pushed forward, Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a scam. If that happens Please report it