Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Knowledge Management and Learning Lead position on the USAID funded Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity (TMA).
The USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity (TMA) is anticipated to be a five-year contract to address dynamics that threaten habitat connectivity and the long-term presence of biodiversity in Tanzania. Interventions will support and strengthen government and civil society capacity for biodiversity conservation in a manner that: i) increases private sector engagement in conservation and natural resource management (NRM); ii) builds the capacity of the public sector and civil society; and iii) strengthens the policy and regulatory framework for conservation and NRM.
Deadline Date: Sunday, 10 May 2020
Organization: Tetra Tech
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Knowledge Management and Learning Lead will be responsible for generating, capturing and communicating knowledge and promote learning to further the TMA project objectives. They will be experienced in, and responsible for overseeing the design and implementation of the project’s knowledge management and learning strategy and learning agenda, as well as providing guidance and inputs for the project’s communications strategy and activities.
The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership and oversee implementation of a knowledge management and learning (KML) strategy.
- Support the development and implementation of a communications and outreach plan aligned with the KML Strategy.
- Define and lead the process to identify, evaluate and document best practices in environment, biodiversity conservation, and natural resource management.
- Define and lead the process to develop and enrich the TMA learning agenda in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Oversee the development of and ensure high quality of all knowledge products.
- Bachelors and/or advanced degree in biodiversity, natural resource management, education, communications, or related field required;
- At least 7 years of professional experience planning, coordinating and driving capacity development efforts in natural resource management sector required;
- Demonstrated capacity to initiate, coordinate, and facilitate learning among technical staff and stakeholders required;
- Strong writing skills required;
- Experience in designing and facilitating learning events desired;
- Outstanding intercultural communications and interpersonal skills desired;
- Previous experience working in Tanzania.
- Professional level English, both written and spoken, required.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Apply online at: https://bit.ly/KnowledgeTanzania
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.