Laboratory Quality Supervisor
The Tea Research Institute of Tanzania (TRIT) is an autonomous organization representing the Government of Tanzania and the tea industry. Its duty is to support the continued development of the tea industry, both large and small-scale producers, with appropriate high quality, cost effective research and technology transfer. It is funded by both public and private sector and also from time to time by grant aid from willing donors. TRIT have recently joined hands with IDH, CEFA and TSHTDA to form a consortium for implementing a three years project Agricon – Boresha Chai funded by the European Union through Agri-Connect initiative. TRIT invites suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant position:-
The candidate should be holder of BSc. degree in Laboratory Technology from a recognized University, with at least 2 years of work experience from a reputable organization. Must be conversant with aspects of Quality Control/ Management in the laboratory environment and should also be knowledgeable in computer software particularly MS office packages. The applicant should demonstrate supervisory ability.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The candidate will be reporting to the Program Leader – Soil Fertility Management Programme,
- To coordinate and guide the daily operations of the Soils and Plant analytical laboratory,
- To actively participate in selected analysis of samples brought by clients at the laboratory,
- To supervise specific work assigned to the junior laboratory technicians especially for quality assurance,To participate in the development and overseeing of quality assurance and quality control protocols for the laboratory operations,
- To support the implementation of activities leading to the International Acredditation of the laboratory, and
- To coordinate, prepare and submit periodic and regular reports on progress of the laboratory operations within TRIT.
We offer a very attractive and competitive package for the suitably qualified candidates commensurate with qualifications and experience.
TRIT Soils and Plant Analytical Laboratory is located at Ngwazi Tea Research Station, Mafinga, Mufindi District, Iringa Region on the shores of the scenic Lake Ngwazi
Please send your application and a full CV to:-
The Executive Director,
Tea Research Institute of Tanzania,
P.O. Box 2177, DAR ES SALAAM
Tel: +255 (O) 22 2122033, +255 (O) 22 2113838
Closing date for receiving applications is 10th February, 2021.
Those who have already applied should not re-apply.