Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Lamp Room Attendants to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Mining Department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Mining First Line Leader
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift / 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Off
Duration: 1 Year
- Ensure that the lamp room is maintained clean and in good condition at all times
- Issuing of cap lamps, rescue packs and gas testing equipment
- Record keeping of issuing and receiving of cap lamps, rescue packs, gas testing equipment
- Reporting of non-compliances and damages caused to equipment
- Required to do shift work
- Conduct weekly, monthly and annual stock taking for cap lamps, rescue packs and gas testing equipment
- Conduct regular inspection for expiring dates and replacement due dates
- Conduct repair for cap lamps and accessories
- Prepare hand over during shift change and when proceeding on leave
- Discuss with supervisor on how to improve service provision
- Identify, notify and/or rectify all unsafe acts, situations and hazards within the workplace.
- Ensure Zero Fatality, Zero LTI and Zero MTI in the Department and that incidents are reported timely.
- Ensure safe work practices, all incidents are reported and investigated according to procedure and on time, and assist with any other accident investigation when required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as you may be required by Mining Department from time to time
- Ordinary secondary education
- Trade test in electrical installation and wiring will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in underground mining environment
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Basic computer skills
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “LAMP ROOM ATTENDANT “ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 8th September 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com