Land General Planning Co.Ltd is a company engaged in urban planning activities, registered by BRELA along with the Town Planning Board, located at Mailimoja-Kibaha. whose branches are Dodoma,
Urafiki-Dar es Salaam and Manyoni – Singida.
The Company would like to announce work opportunity for all qualified Tanzanians as follows
LEGAL OFFICER – 1 POST
a) Duty Station: Land General Planning Company Limited
b) Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Legal Officer will be responsible to provide support on the legal affairs of the Company in order to increase effectiveness and
efficient to the delivery of regulatory service.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To provide legal advice and assistance to the management and staff.
· Draft and review agreements and contracts between the Company and partners.
· To monitor, review and promote company compliance to government rules and of various regulatory agencies
· To coordinate and oversee legal related activities for the branch offices.
· To represent the company in legal litigation in courts and quasijudicial bodies.
· Undertaking staff training on Labour law and other laws relevant to the company activities.
· Participate, from time to time in review and amendment of various company policies and Procedures.
· Preparation of progressive and annual reports of legal department.
· To assist in dispute resolution on behalf of the company in case of any dispute.
· To follow up on implementation of laws, regulations, rules, contracts, agreements and other legal instruments, including to assist in providing legal advice on internal matters.
· Attestation of documents.
· To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications;
· Possession of University degree in laws (LL.B) from a recognized university.
· Must have post graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law School of Tanzania.
· Must be computer literate.
· Must be fluent in both English and Swahili language
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of 2+ years experiences working as Legal Practitioner in matters pertaining to commercial contracts,
labour, land and preparation of documents in large.
· Must be active member of the Tanganyika Law Society (Registered Practicing Advocate
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should apply with confidence enclosing certified copies of academic certificates, One Current passport size
photograph Cover Letter and Detailed Curriculum Vitae with at least two references one should be last Employer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for Interview on the date to be decided later. Any application received after deadline
will not be considered.
The Application letter should be sent to the Address shown below before 17.00HRS on 02nd March, 201
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Land General Planning Company Limited,
P O Box 30235, KIBAHA- PWANI
OR through EM
LAGPLAC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and people with disability are encouraged to apply