Dar es Salaam
Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College
Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College (TUDARCo) is one of the constituent Colleges of Tumaini University Makumira (TUMA). The institution was granted Full Registration Certificate by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) on March 29,2007, and obtained its Charter in 2010 and Certificate of Full Accreditation in August 2019. TUDARCo is located along Coca Cola Road, at Mikocheni Light Industrial Area in Dar es Salaam. At present; TUDARCo is being re-engineered and re-branded, among others, by strengthening its human resource, with a view to transforming it into a competitively dynamic and vibrant teaching, research and consultancy, hence this advertisement.
Position being advertised
Library Assistant or Senior Library Assistant: One (1) Position
Holder of a Bachelor’s (BA) or/and Master’s (MA) degree in Library and Information Studies or equivalent qualifications from a higher learning institution recognized by TCU, with not less than five (5) years of relevant working experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updating Library Rules and Regulations.
- Drafting original cataloguing entries, reference work, collection.
- Perform routine professional and supervisory duties.
- Administer Library records, references, etc.
- Undertake bibliographical services.
- Administer routine ordering and processing of books.
- Assist the Heads of Sections in ensuring smooth running of the library and information services as rendered by Library Assistants.
- Responsible for safe keeping of tools, machines and equipment entrusted to his/her custody for the facilitation of service rendered by Library Assistants.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive package commensurate with his/her qualifications and experience.
Mode of Application
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should submit their applications with attached detailed curriculum vitae, relevant copies of transcripts, certificates, telephone contacts and details of three referees; and
Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
Presentation of forged certificates & other information will necessitate to legal action.
Applicants who have already submitted their applications need not reapply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Provost for Administration,
Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College (TUDARCo),
Plot No. 10 Mikocheni Light Industrial Area (Along Coca Cola Road),
P.O. Box 77588,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
All applications should reach the Deputy Provost for Administration by Friday 28th April, 2023 at 16:30 hours.
“Where Morals, Positive Mindset and Attitudes are Inculcated”