GLOBAL HEALTH SUPPLY CHAIN PROGRAM TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE – TANZANIA
Job Title: Life Long Insecticide Treated Nets (LLIN) Advisor
Department/Unit: Performance and Analytics.
Location: GHSC -TA -TZ office Dar es Salaam.
Reports to: Performance and Analytics Team Lead.
The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC-TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH). In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC-TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania health programs by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
The Life Long Insecticide Treated Nets (LLIN) Advisor will work under the administrative and technical guidance of the Performance and Analytics Team Lead and is responsible for leading Insecticide Treated Nets (ITN) commodity tracking and visibility both in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. He/She will work to revive the Chandarua Kliniki dashboard and link it with eLMIS and DHIS2 system including institutionalizing best practices on systems and data management. S/he will work in collaboration with national stakeholders such as the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), the President’s Office of Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), Medical Stores Department (MSD), and the Ministry of Health of the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. S/he will champion collaboration with local available partners and leverage existing systems such as eLMIS and DHIS2 to improve ITN supply chain data visibility through dashboard and promote data-driven decision-making to improve the supply chain. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, with occasional travel.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following;
- Work with local partners and institutions as needed to revive /develop Chandarua Kliniki Dashboard; monitor progress on developments of dashboard and report out to stakeholders.
- Routinely track key ITN data and provide reports to stakeholders including USAID, ZAMEP, and NMCP
- Advise on best practices on systems and data management.
- Collaborate with project technical teams, the Central Medical Stores and Medical Stores Department, ZAMEP, NMCP and other stakeholders to develop SOPs, appropriate indicators and define data requirements where needed for tracking distribution of ITN through eLMIS and DHIS2 with visualization through Chandarua Kliniki dashboard.
- Using Chandarua Kliniki dashboard, track and report on variances observed, causes for the variance, and advice on action to be taken to mitigate the variances in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Monitor changes on ITN delivery (such as alternate distribution channel and data reporting requirements) and advise accordingly.
- Prepare and share monthly, quarterly and annual reports including documenting success stories, best practices, and lessons learned
- Elevate the use of supply chain data in programmatic decision making; identify barriers to data quality and use, and develop and implement recommendations for addressing them.
- Ensure key stakeholders including NMCP and ZAMEP are engaged and oriented at all levels to promote commitment and ownership for the sustainability of established ITN dashboard.
- Support the development of work plans, budgets and its implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
- An advanced degree/ master’s degree in health information management, statistics, public health, pharmacy, or another relevant field.
- Skills in data visualization dashboards/tools and data requirement gathering.
- At least 3 years of experience in public health implementation at the national level.
- Knowledge of ITNs, and Tanzania health commodities supply chain.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including English.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with partners in implementing programs in challenging environments.
- Experience in working with MOHCDGEC-National Malaria Control Program, Zanzibar Malaria Elimination Program (ZAMEP) and USAID funded projects is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and train health care workers.
- Knowledge on theTanzania health information systems including HMIS, eLMIS and DHIS2.
- Proven inter-personal skills and ability to work well both within a team and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and to prioritize competing demands.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying this position please send your resume, cover letter and copies of your academic certificate to email@example.com. And kindly include title you are applying to and your name in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Deadline for submission shall be on 20th October,2020. GHSC-TA-TZ is an equal opportunity employer.