Position: Light Vehicle Tire Fitter
About the job
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Light Vehicle Tire Fitter to join North Mara team. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for carrying out assigned quality tire works as per shift assignment works activities at the Mine Surface and Underground Light Vehicle to meet company business targets in accordance with Barrick – North Gold Mine, Health and Safety standards and procedures.
The position will report to ES Light Vehicle Supervisor. This is a permanent role.
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To Carry out daily tire inspections and pressures monitoring on the vehicles.
- Perform daily tire shop activities such changing tires on vehicles.
- Stripping and Assembling of LV’s tires.
- Operating of tire handler and tire service truck as a tool for tire change activities
- Keeping tire shop neat and tidy.
- Prepare and ensure spare matching tires are available at the workshop ready to be used once breakdown happen etc.
- Performing PM inspection according to the maintenance requirements.
- Work order, job specification and resources identification and inspection compliance
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to Light Vehicle Supervisor on conditions that may affect functionality of equipment.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills, develop full potential and assume increasing accountability.
- Inflating vehicle tires, Checking and adjusting wheel balance, alignment and rotation.
- Helping customers to choose products that meet their requirements.
- Under the direction of the Light Vehicle Supervisor, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experience personnel.
- Mechanics VETA Trade Test Grade 1 & 2
- Must hold a Valid Tanzania Driving License.
- Sound knowledge of Mining Safety Regulations and best practice.
- 2-3 years in a Maintenance role responsible for tires.
- Experience in open cast mining essential.
- Skills / Knowledge Requirements
- Familiar with LVs workshop activities
- Knowledge of mechanics, electrical and electronic systems and tyre technology
- Manual dexterity, precision and accuracy
- Ability to provide vehicle maintenance and technical support services without supervision
- Strength and physical stamina
- Time management and planning skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Client-focused mentality
- Ability to work as part of a team.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
How To Apply
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “LIGHT VEHICLE TIRE FITTER” in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 14th April, 2022.
BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.