SHDEPHA+ Mbarali is a non – governmental organization and a branch of national network of SHDEPHA+ Tanzania. The headquarters of the organization are situated in Dar es Salaam. However, SHDEPHA+ Mbarali was established in Mbarali District in 2005 and legally registered under the society ordinance act 1954 and certified with a certificate number SO.NO 8216. Its office is situated at Rujewa Township Authority premises.
SHDEPHA+ MBARALI works in Mbarali district to support implementation of HIV prevention, Community Based HIV/AIDS services, Voluntary HIV Counseling and Testing and Gender based violence and Violence against children in Mbarali District.
Through funding from Southern Highland Walter Reed Program (WRP) the organization seeks to recruit dedicate and qualified candidates for the following position:-
Job Title: Linkage and Retention Officer (1 post)
Station: Mbarali District
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Contract: 1 year contract and will be renewed depending on the employee performance
Linkage and Retention Officer will be responsible in linking HIV/AIDS Positive identified during HTS. He/she will prepare work plan for retaining PLHIV in ART Services and conducting Weekly and Monthly verification for all clients linked into care and MISAP/Lost follow up reconnected into care
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all clients tested HIV positive at community sites are referred and linked to the facility for treatment initiation
- Implement and monitor patient tracking logbooks and intervention to bring those lost to follow up into care
- Work closely with CBHSP and capacitate them in MISSAP and Lost to follow up tracing
- Set up networks and linkage with key stakeholders such as health facilities, Police post, etc and ensure successful referrals
- Contribute to development and implementation of strategies to improve the provision of
comprehensive community based services including opportunistic infection, TB, STI
screening, family planning (FP) needs assessment and referrals
- Improve bi-directional referral systems between the community and facility-based services
- Conduct verification for HIV positive linked into care and MISSAP/Lost follow up back to care
- Support community-based HIV services Providers for establishment of new PLHIVs supportive groups and managing them
- Provide Health Education to clients on HIV, ARVs, Adherence to ART, Viral Load monitoring and TB screening Timeously report any challenges related to the referral and linkage to care to foster early interventions
- Provide technical support to Peer educators and CBHSP about Linkage and Retention of clients on ART
- Prepare HIV Linkage and Retention daily, weekly and monthly reports and submit to M&E Officer
- Any other duties which may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time
- University Degree in health services management or Community Development or social welfare and other related field from a recognized academic institution.
- 3 years’ experience in HIV/AIDS activities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with the community and/or local community leaders and workers
- Proficiency in both written and oral English and Swahili languages
- Proficiency in computer packages like MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
HOW TO APPLY;
Cover letter and resume should be sent by to, Program Director, P.O Box 179, Rujewa or sent through email [email protected]
NOTE: To be considered applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. CVs should not include marital status, birthplace, tribal or religious affiliations. Any CV containing this information will not be considered for employment. Applications that are hand–delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is September 28th, 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through their email addresses and/or telephone numbers.