The National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) was established by Act of Parliament Cap. 129 to oversee and coordinate the provision of technical education and training in Tanzania. Technical education and training in this context is defined as:
“Education and training undertaken by students to equip them to play roles requiring higher levels of skills, knowledge, understanding and attitudes/ethics and in which they take responsibility for their areas of specialization.”
This scope of NACTE covers all tertiary education and training institutions other than universities and their affiliated colleges, delivering courses at technician, semiprofessional and professional levels leading to awards of certificates, diplomas degrees and other related awards.
The mandate of the National Council for Technical Education as derived from Cap. 129 is three fold and may be summarized as below:
- Quality AssuranceFunction:
- Advisory Function:
These three aspects are interrelated and together make up the core functions of NACTE; a process leading to quality assured qualifications in technical education and training in our country.
The key issues that NACTE is required to address include, to:
- Register and accredit both public and private technical education and training institutions capable of delivering courses;
- Register technical teachers (teaching staff in technical institutions);
- Ensure that the quality of education required for the NACTE awards is met and maintained throughout the duration of the delivery of the course (monitoring and evaluation);
- Ensure the relevance of technical education and training to labour market demand;
- Institute systems of quality control and quality assurance in technical education and training; and
- Maintain databases on technical education and training, which will serve as a source of information needed by the Government and other stakeholders for strategic development of technical education and training in Tanzania.
Bango Magazine Acknowledges that The National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) plays the big role in Register and accredit both public and private technical education and training institutions capable of delivering courses
We also understand that our colleagues form four leavers and other Tanzanians qualified to apply for technical training in Health and allied sciences for Technician Certificate, Ordinary Diploma or Advanced Diploma and Teaching programs for Certificate and Diploma degree (2018/19 academic year) should be aware of the Institutions which have been Registered and accredited by NACTE in delivering the courses to avoid inconveniences during their application process.
For that reason, we have decided to share with you the full review and list of NACTE Accredited, Registered Institutions and Recognized Universities Departments in 2018.
The following is the full list of both public and private technical education and training institutions Registered and accredited by NACTE for this Academic year 2018, In this list you will find the link which directs you to the profile of the institution and you will be able to view the institution in full details including the courses and program provided for this academic year
This list is also available on NACTE official website
Reviewed and edited by Bango Media gorup team
Please don’t forget to share this article with your colleagues, If you have any doubt or opinion just let us know by commenting on the box below