UMWEMA MOROGORO (Umwema Group Morogoro Trust Fund) is a registered non- governmental organization with its Head Quarter in Morogoro Municipal. It is a non-profit making organization incorporated under NGO act of Tanzania.UMWEMA has partened with Save the Children International (SCI) in Tanzania, to implement USAID Lishe Endelevu Activity funded by USAID aims at improving nutrition status for women of reproductive age, adolescent girls and children under five.
UMWEMA is pleased to invite creative, energetic, enthusiastic and qualified Tanzanian to fill the existing vacancy of Livelihood Officer – Agronomist in its on-going of USAID Lishe Endelevu (Sustainable Nutrition) Activity. The project implementation is in all wards of Mvomero District Council, Morogoro District Council and Morogoro Municipal Council in Morogoro Region.
Job Position: Livelihood Officer/Agronomist
: Mvomerro District Council – UMWEMA office
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement agricultural strategy to enhance the livelihood and food security of poor households under USAID Lishe Endelevu Activity
- Provide technical advice in the implementation of agriculture and economic development interventions under USAID Lishe Endelevu Activity .
- Support development of sustainable/conservation agriculture and food security initiatives in order to provide effective mechanisms for achieving sustainability in the interventions.
- Work closely with the Local Government Extension Officers, Department of Agriculture in the design of appropriate strategies for target population in accordance with the project
- Train farmers on sustainable/conservation agricultural practices relevant to the increased productivity of the selected value chains for the target
- Work with Government Extension Officers to provide follow-up support through agricultural clinics for recipients of technical support including soil analysis and recommending appropriate value chain
- Assist in the production of regular and timely progress reports regarding relevant project
Qualifications and Working Experience
- Must have a Diploma or University Degree in Horticulture, Agriculture general, Agronomy or related field from a recognized institution, with work experience in horticulture-based
- Knowledgeable on current agronomic practices and government agricultural programs
- Experience of 3 years and above in providing technical service to horticulture farmers, field crops and small
- Experience in providing and managing technical service in donor funded projects
- Competence to drive motorcycle in remote areas is an added
- Strong communication and community mobilization skills
- Flexibility, availability to perform other duties
- Proficiency in the use of computer, office software packages
- Commitment to upholding the UMWEMA MOROGORO values and
Method of Application:
All qualified candidates should send their detailed Application including a covering Letter and updated CV and scanned certificates through email to:
Executive Director, UMWEMA MOROGORO, Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Deadline for application: 02th October, 2020, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further process