Work Station: Serengeti National Park
The primary function of Purchasing is to economically and efficiently of goods and services commensurate with Lodge policies and objectives while adhering to a strict standard of business ethics and integrity. This position is responsible for providing high level of management satisfaction and manages suppliers effectively. Has responsibility and authority to commit corporate funds for the procurement by purchase or contract of Indirect spend.
The Manager, Purchasing is responsible for leading category sourcing initiatives for Indirect spend including areas of IT, goods required on daily basis, Professional Services, Marketing, Consulting, Travel and Hospitality, Meeting and Events, Facility Management, Real Estate, Construction, Logistics and Warehouse and Office Supplies, for our client in Serengeti, that could encompass; local, domestic, and global purchasing organizations for major spend categories, capital projects, suppliers or geographic regions. This position may be responsible for obtaining program buy-in from various stakeholder organizations. Create and manage the lodge plan, identify the resources to support projects, drive multiple projects through complex sourcing process and ensure end results meet the requirements of all organizations impacted. This position matrix manages operation professionals and directly communicates and engages with high level executives and suppliers in meeting key initiatives. This position requires a proactive approach that is relationship oriented, customer focused and team oriented, analytical, proactive, creative and dynamic, demonstrative of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Lodge and Divisional Policies and Procedures.
- Work with cross-functional organizations as new business situations arise to define solutions that meet all functional and compliance requirements.
- Timely execution of an established sourcing process for all operation requirement. This includes all aspects of the process from initial project scope development through implementation. Identify and scope out new potential sourcing projects. Prepare scoping documents to include scope and scale projects and key stakeholders. Conceive, initiate, develop, communicate, and manage the execution of supply chain strategies.
- Expert analytical abilities to gather, analyze and establish spend baselines as a starting point for each sourcing process. In addition, they must possess the analytical abilities to perform complex analyses of the spend data, market data, and various supplier proposals,in order to yield fact based decisions and address the requisite needs of the key stakeholders for the spend under evaluation.
- Work with the regional and global Procurement teams to assure compliance to Global Sourcing initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble and lead high performance teams to arrive at fact based sourcing decisions in a timely manner. Emphasis is placed on ability to lead teams through the difficult sourcing process and keep members focused on a fact-based conclusion without defaulting to a compromise situation.
- Drive initiatives to support Purchasing activities, problem solving and fact finding analysis and provide feedback to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability and skilled approach to execution of the negotiation process including usage of information, best practices, and deal closure. Properly convert negotiated deals to performance based; legally sound contracts that serve as a guide for an on-going supplier management and program sustainability that may transition the contracts to business leads and or buyer for on-going management.
- Demonstrated ability to use Purchasing SAP platforms for data gathering, communicating and executing various phases of the sourcing process. This includes SAP Global Sourcing applications for both data and knowledge management.
- Gain senior level authorization for purchasing activities, resource planning and matrix managing multiple functional ream representatives.
- Builds relationships: initiates and cultivates open, honest and beneficial relationships with colleagues and distributors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of other’s needs, promoting common goals and following through on commitments. Adapts information to customer needs: delivers communications tailored to the needs of the receiver (manager, peers, and customers); uses appropriate language and level of detail for the receiver; provides specific feedback to others; writes clear executive summaries and persuasive proposals.
- Resolves Conflicts: faces conflicts and takes initiative to resolve them constructively: diverts tensions away from individuals and toward work issues: probes for root causes of problems, collaborates to find mutually beneficial solutions, and proposes action steps and assist in implementation.
- Interprets and understands cultural sensitivity (local, domestic, international) to influence positive long-term change with sustainable benefits for the corporation.
- Supports and mentors junior members of purchasing staff, training them on sourcing skills and tools.
- Professional board certification required
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in purchasing/procurement (within hospitality environment is preferred).
- Sourcing Subject matter expert.
- Hospitality Management, Conflict Resolution, Seasoned Negotiator, Supply Chain Management, Value engineering and cost analysis, Financial analysis, Quality Systems and documentation, Regulatory issues compliance, Contracting experience, Commercial and, Technical Experience (Chemistry, Biology, engineering). Computer applications (word processing, spread sheets and presentations), Strong communication/persuasion, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate both the ability and motivation to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as working independently with minimal oversight on a daily basis.
- Be a self-starter who can prioritize tasks and manage deadlines, navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Strong, respectful verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a dependable work ethic with attention to detail and commitment to client service excellence.
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrating a reliable ability to troubleshoot and determine root cause, generating and evaluating alternatives, and implementing solutions.
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel.
- PSPTB (Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board).
Send only CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note ONLY shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 15th February, 2020