POSITION : LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Job Title : Logistics Coordinator Duty Station : Nyarugusu Camp (Kasulu DC) and Mtendeli Camp (Kakonko DC) Reports to : Team Leader Age Limit : Not above 55 Years. Posts : 1
- Maintain an up-to-‘date knowledge of the supply market for all TRCS supplies and services
- Liaise with technical team to establish technical specifications of items for supplies to be ordered
- Process and obtain relevant approvals for materials to be purchased in line with the existing requirements and protocols
- Provide advice on procurement issues with best practices in line with the public procurement procedures and protocols
- Responsible for the planning, support and implementation of an efficient logistics and supply chain management system for the organization in accordance with the program requirements.
- Management of data essential to make available an accurate forecast for procurement at regular intervals
- Serve as in-house resources person to provide guidance on logistics issues
- Prepare and process the local purchase orders and ensure that orders are delivered to suppliers on time
- Maintain and update the asset register on regular basis by ensuring that all new procured materials are being recorded
- Coordinate shipping of procured items to TRCS regional offices
- Working closely with Storekeeper Officers to ensure all items are received and recorded in the store book ledgers before being issued
- Ensure the highest standards of probity are maintained in all purchasing activities
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Holder of a degree in Procurement and Logistics Management from a reputable University.
- Must be registered and certified by PSPTB (Procurement and Supplies Professions and Technicians Board) as Procurement and Supplies Professional.
- Five Years working experience from the reputable organization
- Ability to work under difficult conditions with minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate high level of integrity & professionalism.
- Must be able to deal effectively & timely with demanding and changing situations.
- Basic computer skills with minimum of Microsoft word, power point and excel
Mode of Application: Interested candidates with the required qualifications and experience are advised to submit their application letters to the address mentioned below; together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of at least three referees; certified copies of academic certificates; Birth Certificate or National ID or Passport (Provide only one document) and other relevant awards.
Applications may be submitted directly by hand delivery to either TRCS Headquarter – Dar es Salaam Office;TRCS Kigoma Office; TRCS Ngaraganza Office – Kasulu District; TRCS Makere Office – Kasulu District, TRCS Kibondo – RFL Office and TRCS Mtendeli Office – Kakonko District.
No applications will be received/considered through email or any other form of online submission.
The deadline for submission is 24thJanuary 2020 by 16.00 Hrs.
Only short listed candidates meeting the minimum set criteria will be invited for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Secretary General, Tanzania Red Cross Society, Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni B, Plot No. 53, Block ‘C’, P.O Box 1133, DAR ES SALAAM
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.