M & E Data Analyst
BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organisation having extensive development programmes globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments, and a university.
We are a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania and C-Sema have joined hands to collectively address Early Childhood Development (ECD) issues in Tanzania through rigorous and innovative approaches; problem-based solutions; and outreach programs targeting children with a focus on establishing a National ECD Child Helpline (ECD call centre) to support nurturing care of children aged 0-8 years and parents of all children, prioritizing those at risk and extremely marginalized.
The ECD call centre will inform communities and caregivers to ensure children’s good health and nutrition, and protect them from threats. It will also give young children opportunities for early learning, through interactions that are responsive and emotionally supportive as well as supporting caregivers’ mental health and well-being.
In ensuring the smooth execution of this project, BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individual to fill the jobs vacancies below….
Vacancy title: M & E Data Analyst
- Provide reports to Child Helpline Manager on all data issues
- Work with project team and use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful projects and business reports.
- Work with the management team to create a prioritized list of needs for each unit.
- Use data to create models that depict trends in service delivery and project implementation.
- Work with managers to outline the specific data needs for each project.
- Presenting data in charts, graphs, and tables as well as designing and developing relational databases for collecting data.
- Design and initiate required surveys to the benefit of BRAC’s strategy.
- Design and maintain a database system
- Manage project database to facilitate timely information updates, data quality assurance, sharing of information and learning, and data use for decision-making
- Ensure all relevant programme staff can utilise the database to analyze program information and results
- Work closely with the communication department in developing and disseminating programme results, best practices and success stories
- Lead and coordinate assessment and evaluations of programmes
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Statistics, Economics, or other related fields. Master degree as an added advantage
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant professional experience doing complex data analysis within programmes M&E context.
- Proven experience in leading, coordinating and managing M&E system
- Strong knowledge of data quality assurance, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation systems and frameworks for international development programs, including developing performance indicators, data collection, and analysis systems and tools.
- Computer Literacy
- High level of competency in managing data information
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and hard-working.
- Ability to collaborate well on a team while also taking the initiative to complete assigned tasks with high competence.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to communicate respectfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Understanding of statistical software and data management required.
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports
- Statistical and quantitative analysis skills
- Numerical skills -understanding of basic mathematical skills which include knowledge of numbers and figures, understanding relationships between numbers, interpretation of mathematical information
- Very strong analytical skills.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to:
HRD, BRAC Tanzania Finance Limited,
Plot No 17, Coca Cola Road – Light Industrial Area,
Mikocheni P.O. Box 105213, Dar es Salaam or through email to email@example.com with a subject capturing the position you are applying for. The application deadline is 16.06.2020.
(Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)