M-Pesa Business Analyst
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
To facilitate, manage and evaluate strategic & operational projects originating in M-Pesa. He/she will provide quality business analysis and track departmental actions and priorities, coming up with proactive strategies to improve productivity and employee engagement.
• Revenue tracking – Analyses results, identifies issues, recommends solutions
• Coordination of management action points – raising red flags proactively
• Working with Heads of Departments on key initiatives and agreed action points.
• Preparation of presentations for the Board meetings, senior management meetings, strategic meetings, and in country review meetings etc. on behalf of the Director M-Pesa, based on a sound understanding of the business and business dynamics
• Through collaboration with other key relevant stakeholders, assist with the preparation of the quarterly ICR, Board meeting, etc.
• Collaborating with the HOD Revenue Planning, facilitate the Revenue Planning processes, ensuring sound plans are in place to hit revenue targets
• Engage with the senior management team on strategic and operational matters and follow ups on behalf of the Director M-Pesa
• Manage action items for each HOD in M-Pesa team. Update actions regularly and raise alarm to Director M-Pesa if actions are derailed.
• Manage diary of Director M-Pesa, assigning priority to various meetings.
• The Business Analyst assumes other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Director M-Pesa.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
o Policies and procedures
o Project Management
o Financial Accounting Skills
o Problem solving and Decision making Skills
o Planning and organizing skills
o Presentation and Report writing skills
o Ability to keep a high level of confidentiality
o Ability to work under pressure.
o Self starter, requiring minimum supervision
o Superb interpersonal and leadership skills are vital for this role, as good teamwork is important for our business success. Suitable candidates should also be excellent written and verbal communicators, and possess the ability to identify opportunities for growth.
• A minimum of at least 3 years’ experience of progressive program & project coordination experience within a commercial environment.
• Telecommunications experience would be advantageous;
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Proficiency in working with Microsoft office applications including Power Point, excel, etc.
• Facilitation and coordination skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, business management or other related fields.
• Working knowledge of the latest business policies and regulations.
• Demonstrable analytical thinking & business insight.
* Demonstrates a good understanding of procedures and concepts through extensive experience and advises on the delivery of planning and developing full end to end projects that focus on most strategic topics, setting the future direction of the business;
* Executes administrative activities related to ExCos strategic direction and ensures execution is in collaboration with Group and local markets;
* Supports the team to deliver activities for definition and coordination of the Group annual strategy process, to include transforming strategy into actions;
* defining and tracking progress against strategic priorities;
* identifying and asking key questions;
* Uses communication skills to exchange ideas and information in a concise and logical way to support the delivery of identifying opportunities and threats across the industry and technology landscape;
* Maintains and supports strong relations and helps share the progress of the digital journey with key stakeholders and identifies opportunities and risks to support Group and Local Markets in the delivery of the overall programme;
* Performs other job-related duties or tasks defined by the supervisor or resulting from assigned agendas.
Strategy and Vision
Data Driven Decision Making
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY