Savannas Forever Tanzania (SFTZ) based in Arusha, is a registered Tanzanian research and communication NGO launched in 2006.
SFTZ uses research to measure the impacts of development projects and leverages that information to build learning networks that connect rural communities and their stakeholders in the private, public and charitable organizations at local, national and international levels.
SFTZ integrates quantitative and qualitative methods that measure outcomes related to socio-economics, including: maternal and child health, nutrition and food security, anthropometric measures, institutional analyses, HIV/AIDS, natural resource use, gender differences, education, livestock and agricultural production, and conservation, to help alleviate poverty in rural areas and sustain natural resources in Tanzania. The SFTZ research team conducts surveys, in-depth interviews, and focus groups discussion—surveys are collected using tablets and are geocoded.
- Reads through or listens to material in Maasai ascertains understanding of the meaning and context of that material, and converts it to English , making sure to preserve the original meaning
- Consults with SFTZ data manager and other colleagues in order to understand specialized concepts and translate them appropriately. Refers to online translation tools for additional assistance with translation
- Follows up with SFTZ data manager to ensure satisfaction and understanding
- Bachelor’s Degree and Minimum 2 years proven experience in translating and transcribing qualitative interviews from Maasai to English
- Fluency in Maasai and English
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- Good knowledge of content editing tools
- Time-management skills
- Additional certification in Linguistics is a plus
- Microsoft word Proficiency, Motivation, Ability to Meet Deadlines, Ability to Work under Pressure
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include a one-page cover letter and two-paged CV or Resume. Please quote “MAASAI TRANSCRIBER” as a reference in your subject line.
Send your CV and Application at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is October 14th, 2020