Maasai Focus group Facilitation, Transcription and Notes taking
Savannas Forever Tanzania (SFTZ) based in Arusha, is a registered Tanzanian research and communication NGO launched in 2006.
SFTZ uses research to measure the impacts of development projects and leverages that information to build learning networks that connect rural communities and their stakeholders in the private, public and charitable organizations at local, national and international levels.
SFTZ integrates quantitative and qualitative methods that measure outcomes related to socio-economics, including: maternal and child health, nutrition and food security, anthropometric measures, institutional analyses, HIV/AIDS, natural resource use, gender differences, education, livestock and agricultural production, and conservation, to help alleviate poverty in rural areas and sustain natural resources in Tanzania. The SFTZ research team conducts surveys, in-depth interviews, and focus groups discussion—surveys are collected using tablets and are geocoded.
- Record and facilitate the discussions, compile and transcribe audios/notes before the next day.
- Attend daily review and feedback sessions with the research supervisors.
- Incorporate feedback to improve the work.
- Make sure to record only what the participants are saying. Probe for details as appropriate.
- Refer as appropriate any research participants that may need further support.
- Explain the purpose of the research to all participants.
- Diploma or University degree, additional qualifications in Social Science will be an added advantage.
- At least two years of professional work experience in the relevant field.
- Should be Maasai speaker and excellent communication and writing skills in English and Swahili.
- Experience in qualitative research facilitation, note taking and English transcription is desirable.
- Knowledge in computer skills especially Microsoft packages- especially Microsoft word.
- Well organized, result focused, creative, flexible with the ability to work to deadlines.
Applications should include a one-page cover letter and two-paged CV or Resume. Please quote “MAASAI FACILITATOR/NOTE TAKER” as a reference in your subject line.
Send your CV and Application at email@example.com
The deadline for submitting the application is October 03, 2020