Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Maintenance Planner to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Planning Section are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Planning Section Leader
Work Schedule: 14 Days On / 7 Days Off
Duration: 1 Year
- Prepare long term and short term work plans in consultation with maintenance and other departments
- Liaise with internal supply department to continually establish materials and spares leveling strategies.
- Coordinate with supply department to provide scope of work for any external services in line with Barrick – Bulyanhulu policy.
- Establish, monitor and report maintenance planning KPI
- Complete maintenance work order planning by capturing work specifications ,safety notes, required Resources, Preliminary scheduled start, Cost Centre verification and Check material availability
- Conduct the weekly Production and Maintenance scheduling meeting to establish joint ownership
- Submit engineering drawings for any further required revisions or upgrades.
- Maintain, Update and review Maintenance Pronto database system to ensure the master data including equipment register and equipment details are up to date.
- Provides technical direction to employees of shops performing preventative maintenance, and inspects results
- Assist with the preparation of the annual maintenance budget.
- Compile detailed shutdown work packages for shutdowns with a duration of eight (8) hours or more.
- Assist in the creation of Bills of Materials and job task lists.
- Be vigilant of company assets, monitor, report and action through the appropriate procedures, activities resulting in the loss, misuse or misappropriation of company assets.
- Maintain the Engineering technical library and drawing register.
- Mechanical / Electrical Certificate – (FTC, Diploma)
- Valid driving license as an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years in maintenance and planning experience.
- Experience in Process Plant and Underground Operations as well as the experience in Shaft operations
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read and understand Process and Mechanical drawing
- Excellent communication in English and Swahili language
- Knowledge in Computer Software such as Microsoft Word Suite of Products – Word, Project, Excel & Access
- Knowledge in using computerized maintenance management system (i.e. Pronto)
- Solid understand of maintenance planning and scheduling concepts
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “MAINTENANCE PLANNER” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 8th September 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com