Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit organization in Tanzania contributing to address public health priorities. MDH works with the Ministry of Health,
Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); as well as academic and nonacademic institutions to address the problems of Tuberculosis, Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, Maternal and Child Health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services to improve health and lives of the people of Tanzania.
In Dar es Salaam, MDH supports the Government of Tanzania through the Regional Government and Municipal councils of Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Ubungo and Kigamboni in the provision of comprehensive facility-based HIV prevention, care and treatment services and program management. As part of this work MDH also supports robust Monitoring and Evaluation of HIV program and services in the region including data recording, cleaning, analysis, evaluation, reporting and data use to inform the program; in-line with national guidelines. It is in this regard that MDH, in collaboration with the Dar es Salaam Regional
Government and Municipal Councils, seeks to recruit 6 Data Officers to be stationed in Kinondoni and Ubungo Municipalities to undertake data related tasks for the HIV program for a short-term contract of eight (8) months from February to September, 2020.
JOB TITLE: DATA OFFICERS (6)
REPORTING TO: Facility In-charge
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data Entry Officers will be under the direct supervision of a data Supervisor and reporting to the site manager.
- Tasks for a Data Entry Officer will include but not be limited to the following activities.
- Enter quickly and accurately clinical, laboratory, tracking or other forms into database under the monitoring of Data Supervisor and reporting to the Site Manager
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with supervisors regarding forms with problems
- Sort and file forms as needed in numerical order or by date
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with supervisors regarding database problems
- Reconcile differences between different databases by running compare program, reviewing appropriate form and correcting all differences
- Locate and review archived or filed forms if necessary
- Attend data staff meetings at the specified times
- Communicate both verbally and in writing suggestions for improvements to data entry or data flow to supervisors
- Complete other data tasks as assigned
- A Minimum of form four education, certificate or diploma level training on computer study.
- At least one (1) year experience of data entry
- Good communication skills
- Able to work independently and in team
- Committed to work and adheres to work regulations
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two references.
Applications should be submitted by 24th January, 2020 to the SHRO, MDH-DSM Sub-grantee through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by hand at MDH HQ, Mikocheni near New Regency Park Hotel.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted